schrade limited edition?

Discussion in 'Knives & Edged Items' started by Mike1959, Aug 27, 2012.

1. Mike1959

Mike1959 New Member

Hello was hoping for some help or clarification. i was given this knife by family member back in 1986 or 87 but cant remember exactly. i have searched different sites looking for info and am coming up dry. can anyone tell me if this knife has any collectors value or should i just put an edge to it and use it? i cannot find any serial number anywhere and dont have the certificate that may have came with it.

photo.JPG

any help will be greatly appreciated
  2. Awtoman

Awtoman Active Member

I believe it is called a "sharpfinger"

Tom
  3. FordMan59

FordMan59 New Member

Made in '86 or '87 it would be a USA made Schrade and is probably starting up in value since all new Schrade products are China made. I'd leave it alone, it's not eating anything!
  4. Uncle Alvah

Uncle Alvah New Member

Schrade in Ellenville NY closed in 2004, so it's certainly a "vintage" Schrade and really very desirable to collectors, the Taylor made Chinese Schrades are junk. Keep it clean and wiped, hang on to it if you like or ebay it. You might be surprised what it fetches.....
  5. Uncle Alvah

Uncle Alvah New Member

Schrade in Ellenville NY closed in 2004, so it's certainly a "vintage" Schrade and really very desirable to collectors, the Taylor made Chinese Schrades are junk. Keep it clean and wiped, hang on to it if you like or ebay it. You might be surprised what it fetches.....
  6. Blueseal59

Blueseal59 New Member

That knife was produced as a special edition for True Value Hardware between '88 and '90.
    You won't see very many. I still have an identical one in the original plastic bubble pack.