Scoe question please help!

Discussion in '.22-Rimfire Forum' started by JUNKKING, May 16, 2009.

1. JUNKKING

JUNKKING Active Member

A neighbor gave me a 22 rifle yesterday and it has a Bushnell 4x scope mounted on it. On the top of the scope is a dial that says bullet drop compensator on it with various yardages on the dial.

My question is. Is this self explainitory? if I set this dial at 50 yards and zero the scope to center bull at 50 yards. Then turn the dial to 100 yards. It should be zeroed at 100 yards? And also if I set it to 25 yards it should follow with all distances on the dial? I never seen one of these on a scope before if it is what I think then it is a pretty nice function.

Any help would be greatly appreciated, Thanks in advance. JUNK
  2. gdmoody

gdmoody Moderator Supporting Member

I have a couple of Nikon scopes that have Bullet Drop Compensator reticles, not a dial. But on mine, you zero at 100 yard (on top of .308 and 30.06) and then when you shoot further out the reticle positions compensate for the FURTHER distance. I don't know it the dial does this or not but I would think it would be the same principle with zeroing at 50 and it compensates for shooting at 100 ???
  3. dragonfly

dragonfly New Member

You need to find out what caliber the scope is designed to compensate for. Most of those are for the black rifles in either .223 or .308. Do a Google search on the model number or visit the Bushnell web site and see if you can find the same model. There may be some that work with the .22 LR. Sounds like you have a winner. You are as lucky as another fellow whose neighbor gave him a rifle. I just don't live in the right neighborhood. :rolleyes:
  4. JUNKKING

JUNKKING Active Member

Dragonfly that was me the got the rifle from the neighbor. The scope says Bushnell 4 x custom 22 on it. It seems to be a scope for a 22. Here are two pics of the scope from a cell phone sorry if clarity isn't good. JUNK

Attached Files:

Last edited: May 18, 2009
  5. irishmp

irishmp New Member

your type of scope could have three different BDC dials. W1, W2, or i see yours has Z1. From my reading the dials are 22lr standard velocity, 22lr high vel. 22mag. i do not know which is which. i am trying to get instrucitons but no luck. i have the first two dials. did you get any information?
  6. JUNKKING

JUNKKING Active Member

Yes I did Irishmp. It is on a .22 LR. It must have been set and zeroed when he gave it to me. The lowest setting is 50 yds. It hits a little low at 25 yards. But at 50 yards and out to 200 all you have to do is set the dial and its dead nuts accurate.

Although at 200 yards I don't imagine it would have much stopping power not even to a small animal. When you pull the trigger wait a second and you'll hear the gong at the 200 yard range clink. Pretty cool to play around with though. JUNK