Scope for 10/22

Discussion in '.22-Rimfire Forum' started by CampingJosh, Oct 10, 2009.

1. old semperfi

old semperfi Active Member

i live in southern indiana,old country boy at hear
    im a sand bag shooter,i think its awsome to shoot shotgun hulls at 100 yards and hit them everytime.so........................i shoot a tasco 6x24 power with adj objective.understand my 10-22t wears a fagen thumbhole target stock and the innerds have every whiz bang possible to install,barrel free floated and hammer forged.i have yet to have any problems with tasco scopes.
  2. powwowell

powwowell New Member

I've used several of the above mentioned scopes. I favor the Simmons 3x9 Mag. The cross hairs are finer than the Bushnell. For the money, the Simmons .22 Mag can't be beat.
  3. Zane71464

Zane71464 Well-Known Member

I put a simmons 3x9 varible on mine it it does just fine. Thursday I put a Center Point 3-9x32 (red/green illuminated Mil-Dot Reticle) Parallax setting 50yrds on my 77/22 and talk about amazed, I was! $55 at Wal-Mart. I would highly recommend the scope for any 22lr!!!
  4. budman46

budman46 New Member

campingjosh,

i like the value simmons' scopes give me...i love leupold and have plenty of tascos, bushnells and burris's, but now purchase simmons almost exclusively for their quality and value.

re. your 10/22's accuracy: it can be made into a tack-driver with a new barrel, stock and better trigger, but one no-cost option ought to make a significant improvement for your carbine...get rid of the barrel band. the single screw left holding the action to the stock is all that is necessary...that's all the ruger target model uses...and your groups will shrink.

budman
  5. dianalv

dianalv New Member

Because the 10/22 is not much of a tack driver I think that you could choose any Tasco, Simmons, Bushnell kind of scope and be just fine with it. Just get whichever of those you like the feel of most.

Hey, Semperfi, we play gun golf and shoot shotshell casings too, except we aren't sand bag shooters. We shoot in field positions mostly because we're all hunters. Those little .410's are fun! Not much margin for error there.