Scope mount for FR7

Discussion in 'Technical Questions & Information' started by CCubed, Nov 28, 2005.

1. CCubed

CCubed New Member

I may have already asked this question, but I am not certain I got straight answers: Does anyone know about mounting a scope on an FR7 or FR8 Spanish Mauser?

I have an FR7 Spanish Mauser. I like it, and it's shot fine for me. I am currently using it for hunting. I, personally, have a hard time using the CETME assault rifle sights on the rifle, so I am becoming increasingly interested in mounting a scope on my rifle.

I have a couple problems, though. First, I can't seem to find any scope mounts that will work for the FR7. B-Square makes a scope for the Mauser 93 action, which is the action of the FR7, but it is designed to be attached to the front sight (just like it is on the KAR 98k, Swedish small ring 96 Mauser and Guardia Civil Spanish Mauser). So, I am either going to have to find, or be pointed by someone to, a rather obscure scope mount. In any event, it doesn't look like there's an easy answer to my problem.

My second problem is this: I am fussy. Although most people wouldn't shoot it, the FR7 is a rare rifle. Just run an internet search on it. Compared to most military surplus rifles made in the latter half of the 20th century, it is rare. So, I don't want to marr the stock or alter the metal. There are no replacement stocks, etc., like there are for more popular, made en masse weapons. So, I need a scope mount that doesn't require any hole drilling, etc., to be installed.

This is really getting narrow. I suppose I am willing to try and make a front, top handgrip, so that I could potentially mount a scope mount on this area of the rifle, but this is not going to be easy and very time consuming.

So, I need some advice, help and/or pointers. I know that there have been people who have mentioned seeing an FR8 with a scope mount. So, if anyone knows anything about this, or can point me in the right direction, I'd really, really appreciate it.

Thanks.
  2. vangunsmith

vangunsmith New Member

You will have to make up your mind,on keeping it as is,or buy another gun to hunt with.I would buy another gun myself.But if not have you checked out weaver mounts?They might have one.