Scope Mount Problems on New Savage

Discussion in 'Technical Questions & Information' started by CountryGunsmith, Feb 24, 2003.

1. CountryGunsmith

CountryGunsmith New Member

cowdoc
    (2/4/03 9:29:09 pm)
    Reply | Edit | Del All savage scope base ..help!!
    --------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    here is the deal my brother left me his new savage model 12fv in 223rem to put on base and scope but the leupold base that he left with me is part number 52317 which says for savage 10 through 16,510 and 516 but this base will not fit his rifle as the back of the action is the same height as the front and the one piece base is for action that the back is lower...went to leupold web site to find out what part number for the base i need and they dont list the model 12....any ideas, did savage forget to machine the back part of the action down???? thanks
    doc
    ps the screw holes are the right distance apart but the base would run down hill towards the bbl. also if any of you guys could steer me to the right part number i would greatly apprecate it as the closest gun store is 50 miles oneway that way i could just call to see if they have what i need...i the mean time i will be checking some more for the info i need

AntiqueDr
    *TFF Senior Staff*
    (2/4/03 10:23:02 pm)
    Reply | Edit | Del
    ezSupporter
    Re: savage scope base ..help!!
    --------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    That one's by me. That should be the correct Leupold part number for the 12. I checked Savage's website to see if they made any receiver changes but everything there is centered on the AccuTrigger.

I'd call Savage tomorrow: 413-568-7001

cowdoc
    (2/4/03 10:40:49 pm)
    Reply | Edit | Del Re: savage scope base ..help!!
    thanks Doc
    i'll be on the phone in the morning to find out what the deal is with these it is a 12 with the accu trigger...i'll let you know what i find out.
    thanks
    cowdoc

cowdoc
    (2/5/03 11:44:30 am)
    Reply | Edit | Del Re: savage scope base ..help!!
    this is what the person on the phone from savage told me the 2003 model 12 they didnt machine down the back top of the action were the rear base mounts, have to get a front set base to use on front and rear, leupold is making a one piece base for this rifle but is not out yet also another company is making base for this rifle but the gal didnt remember the name of that Co of the top of her head.
    doc

AntiqueDr
    *TFF Senior Staff*
    (2/5/03 12:14:42 pm)
    Reply | Edit | Del
    ezSupporter
    Re: savage scope base ..help!!
    Probably Burris, but they arent out yet either. Looks like its Weaver time!