1. Get Gear'd Up! Enter to WIN $1000 in gear!

Please Click Here for full details and to enter. You will need to be registered and logged in to view the details and to participate.

Thanks and good luck to everyone

Scope Recommendation for Browning ATD

Discussion in '.22-Rimfire Forum' started by ctkenc, Nov 8, 2009.

1. ctkenc

ctkenc New Member

Can you recommend a scope for my new (new to me) 1964 made Belgian ATD .22lr ? :confused:

I'll be using it just for fun on the Range with maximum paper target distance of 100 yds ... will shoot at 25yds, 50 yds, and 100 yds ... puching holes in paper and at 100 yds, shooting at steel plates just for the fun of hearing them ping.
    ;)
    Saw a few at Cableas in the Under $100 range ... not stuck on Cabelas though, and willing to pay a little more for quality and clarity of view.
    Aslo, it seemed like at least some of them did NOT have a fine tuning capacity ... all you could change was the power (3X9) by 30mm.
    I need to be able to adjust the focus at any power ... like one does with the knob on a pair of Binoculars that you use to adjust the focus.

I don't have great eyesight so I really need to be able to adjust the fine tuning focus. And, while I shoot right handed, my right eye has had too many sureries so I try to use my left eye more, squinting my right eye, or maybe even closing it.

I don't know how strong a variable I need for the use mentioned above ... is 3x9 OK, or do I need more?
    Assuming 30 is an OK light gathering aperture, or, do I need more in order to give me a bigger window to look through with my not so good eyes/

Thanks for sharing your recommendations and experience with various Scopes.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
  2. pawn

pawn Active Member

3. ctkenc

ctkenc New Member

While I'msure they are great glass, they are too expensive for this Rifle (for me) .... I was thinking about something closer to the $150 range and these are in the $350 range.
    Ken
  4. pawn

pawn Active Member

5. Terry_P

Terry_P New Member

On my Marlin Model 80 that I bought in the 60's I mounted an old rifle scope I used to use on a 30/06. It was a Redfield Widefield 2x7. On the 06 I put a Bushnell 3x9 and I think it may have been the Trophy. It has a focus ring on the rear of the scope and is not expensive but is fairly decent glass. So give a look at the Bushnell.
    Last edited: Nov 8, 2009