1. Get Gear'd Up! Enter to WIN $1000 in gear!

Please Click Here for full details and to enter. You will need to be registered and logged in to view the details and to participate.

Thanks and good luck to everyone

scope suggestions

Discussion in '.22-Rimfire Forum' started by BETH, Dec 19, 2010.

1. Zane71464

Zane71464 Well-Known Member

yes it is, and it should be the same 3/8" as your Marlin.
  2. BETH

BETH Well-Known Member

ok why would u use a see thru rings, if u have a scope why would u want to use iron sites?
  3. JLA

JLA Well-Known Member

mostly for shootn things that are too close to see with a scope (closer than 20 or so yards) and of course, sometimes you just wanna shoot with the irons;)
  4. Zane71464

Zane71464 Well-Known Member

...if you have open (iron sights) already on your rifle, why not set it up to where you can use both, Scope and Open sights. Scopes are great but it's always nice to have the open sights as well Beth.
    Not that this relates to the thread, but as of late Ive been having some "serious" problems with sight picture when shooting. I'm going back to the basics and doing some good old iron sight shooting to get whatever I lost, back!
  5. brookes_husband

brookes_husband New Member

Look in my pics when you get a chance... I have the exact scope that zane offered you on a model 60... The standard rings for pellet guns and .22s will work if o do not plan to use your iron sights... You can pick them up at wal-mart for about 10 bucks... I can't recall the name but they are in a yellow and black package and stick out like a sore thumb... they are 1" rings which is what you need... Be sure to tell zane thank you as I just gave 45 dollars each for these 2 days ago for my sons' rifles...
  6. brookes_husband

brookes_husband New Member

[​IMG]
    Went ahead and posted it here...
  7. JLA

JLA Well-Known Member

Those rings in the yellow and black package that brookes_husband mentioned here are the weaver brand rings, and yes they are more than adequate for mounting a scope to your .22 beth. Even the funky lookin see thru rings Zane posted a picture of will work, they are also weaver brand and sold at walmarts, I find they tend to walk to the rear on a marlin 60, so I would recommend a dab of loctite on the clamp on each side of the dovetail, and a day to cure before shooting...
  8. da357mag

da357mag New Member

I'm just wondering, have you picked out your scope yet? I would think the scope should be matched to the kind of shooting you are going to be doing.For instance if you are going to be target shooting, you will want more magnification than you would "need" for hunting. Also I am not a fan of "see thru" scope rings. Ideally you want the scope as low on the receiver as possible. So if you are going to shoot with the open sights, take the scope off! That simple. I would also strongly recommend a scope with the AO feature, it might not be as handy in a hunting situation but if you are shooting targets at different ranges you will find it invaluable! I can recommend one, at Walmart you can find a scope made by Centerpoint, it is a 4-16X40mmAO and it costs about $70 bucks! I have one that I had on my CZ but have now mounted on my pellet rifle. It is clear and the range marks are accurate, overall it's not a bad scope! I'm sure you will get it all figured out so good luck! and good shooting!:D Doug
  9. hunterfisher

hunterfisher New Member

Keep it simple. I use a fixed 4x 32. For plinking and small game it's all you need.