SCOTUS vs. Ten Commandments

Discussion in 'The Constitutional & RKBA Forum' started by armedandsafe, Dec 9, 2004.

1. armedandsafe

armedandsafe Guest

2. Marlin

Marlin *TFF Admin Staff Chief Counselor*

It would be an answer to prayer if they would define separation in terms the Founding Fathers understood, merely being a state sponsored and/or forced religion, rather than the total lack of belief.

We should all pray for enlightenment for the SCOTUS.
  3. Salvage33

Salvage33 New Member

Shreveport, LA why leave the USA to visit a 3rd wo
    The Ten Commandments are posted at the Supreme Court. That said, those people who are constantly ranting about separation of church and state, saying that it is contained in the Constitution are perpetually being aided and abetted by a press either to lazy or to stupid to research it for themselves. No where in the Constitution does it say that there should be a separation.

Some of the earliest settlers of this country came here to escape religious persecution, and one of the premises of the founding of this country was religious freedom, ie; free to practice your religion without persecution. What we see now, primarily in the lawsuits filed by the ACLU against various governmental bodies is the creation of a state where you have freedom FROM religion.

School teachers have to have lesson plans approved if they show the slightest inclination that they are not atheistic, liberal, educators. Teaching history, U.S. History is the one case in California, where because the Declaration of Independence contains the word 'God' and 'Creator' it can't be used. Another case in Missouri is of the same kind, using the same documents. Absolutely astounding that the courts would allow the suit to go forward, but since the liberal/progressive agenda can't win in common debate, they have found judges who will legislate from the bench. Those judges should be impeached since they have blatantly failed in their duties as judges.

Oh well...another rant...again...my bad

John
  4. armedandsafe

armedandsafe Guest

No, Salvage, "my bad" NOT.

I have wondered if it might be possible (if not practical) to bring suit or file charges against some of these anti-religous nuts for religous persecution. Any thoughts, Marlin?

Pops
  5. Salvage33

Salvage33 New Member

Shreveport, LA why leave the USA to visit a 3rd wo
    Hmm..the concept of filing a lawsuit to stop a lawsuit is a bit intriguing. Though I doubt that it would work. Besides, the legal costs would be outrageous. Probably be quicker, cheaper, and a lot more fun to just use the ACLU attorneys as targets. We could claim that they were super heroes who could stop a speeding bullet........once.

I know, bad attitude! LOL

John