Scouting

Discussion in 'The Hunting & Fishing Forum' started by dianalv, Sep 1, 2009.

1. dianalv

dianalv New Member

Just got back from a scouting trip to the Ruby Mountains in Northeastern Nevada, where I drew tags this year. What a spectacular mountain range. I've done a lot of hunting up there and know about 50 miles of that range like the back of my hand. Nice to see it's all pretty much the same except the roads are worse. If it rains or snows it could get interesting!

I'm so ready for hunting season. Deer watching, star gazing, exploring new country, sitting around the campfire with good friends. The smell of sage and wood smoke, pine trees and early morning coffee perking. Gathering wood for the fire. Listening to the creek burble as I drift off to sleep. Felt weird to be doing all that without a gun and a tag!

Already have deer moving through my dreams. The minute I shut my eyes I see them against the screen of my eyelids, moving through the brush, feeding in the manzanita with the rising sun limming their bodies in gold, or frolicking in the twilight after coming down to drink. It's almost time.
  2. kutaho

kutaho New Member

Peoples Republic of the Pacific Northwest
    Is your neck swelling?:D:D

Dude i can smell it to.:p
  3. dianalv

dianalv New Member

Um, not sure what you're smelling, but it isn't me!

The dog did it.