Sears .22 Ammo?

Discussion in 'The Ammo & Reloading Forum' started by gaowlpoop, Jun 3, 2009.

1. gaowlpoop

gaowlpoop New Member

I came across a partial box of .22 ammo a few days ago. (Long story how I got it another time.) It is a box of Sears ammo, under the Ted Williams label.

I was wondering how old it might be, and if it might be worth something to someone that collects old bullets (not trying to sell them, I would give them away.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]
  2. Alpo

Alpo Well-Known Member

That box says, "Copper-plated bullets", but the bullet you show is unplated lead. Also, the bullet you show has a diamond headstamp, which is Western Cartridge Company, and I'm pretty sure Sears ammo was made by Federal.
  3. gaowlpoop

gaowlpoop New Member

I don't know anything about it. That is what was in the box. There are about 10 or 12, some with the diamond, some with "S".
  4. Chuck B

Chuck B New Member

very cool.

good observation, alpo.

thanks for the pics!

cb
  5. Big ugly

Big ugly New Member

the ones with the s is the sears ammo the other I cannot remembr what they were. I think they were the old blazers, I found some with the Dimiond on thin my grandpas shed years ago.
  6. Alpo

Alpo Well-Known Member

That comes from goin' to shoot and stickin' the shells in your pocket, and then when you get home you find you have three or four left, and you stick them in a box so they don't get lost. I've got a MiniMag box around here, somewhere, that has about seven different brands in it. None of them CCI.:D
  7. miestro_jerry

miestro_jerry New Member

I took all of the partial boxes that I couldn't remember where they came from and the two or three hand fulls of loose 22s and gave them to a trapper friend.

Jerry
  8. Brian48

Brian48 New Member

9. marcodelat

marcodelat New Member

Those there come from a time when folks thinking and attitude on firearms was different.

These were considered merely another "normal" household tool; a necessary implement... as it should be.

those Sears .22s come from that time - As do these - enjoy! :

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG] [​IMG]

[​IMG]

Good part of the reason as to why I collect these... an era and mindset that's all but gone... extinguished.

WHAT HAS HAPPENED TO US!?!!???