Sears bad service

Discussion in 'Feedback Forum' started by army mp, Oct 2, 2009.

1. GMFWoodchuck

GMFWoodchuck New Member

I like their craftsman handtools. Their power tools are just rebadged tools from other companies. The rest of the store is no different than any other. In case you guys didn't know, Kmart owns Sears now and have so for a few years. YOu can bring your tools back to Kmart too.

Any time you open up a credit card anywhere with anyone you have to give up your social, don't think that sears is going to be any different.
  2. army mp

army mp Member

I don’t know if its so much the products, as the service is just so Bad. In my original post , I mentioned Destruction of property. Well to clarify. As many of you know Sears uses Sub-contractors for Service and Deliveries now. 6 years ago when we ordered our Refrigerator, There contractor while backing into the Driveway knocked down the Electric line to the Barn. I would not have known about it right away, If I had not looked out to see packing material laying in the drive. After the truck left. You see the driver that backed the truck in , had gotten over in the yard and knocked the Electric line to the barn down . Well in their hurry to get away, before I noticed it .they took off. Leaving trash laying in the yard. This Refrigerator was back ordered twice, first two were damaged in shipment.

Last year new washer and Dryer. We where given a Delivery Date that came and went. Two weeks past delivery date. They call and same old song and dance. Washer came in but Surprise, The dryer was damaged and needed to be back ordered. Two weeks later we had we had a Washer and Dryer one month past the Delivery date.

The final Straw with sears, My wife called for Service work on the Refrigerator, she was quoted a price over the phone. She had to work the day of the service, So I stayed home. The guy did the work. How ever I did not know, the price charged was $50.00 more than what was quoted. Called sears service the next day. After being put on hold and transferred from one foreigner to another, for over an hour. We were told oh the girl that quoted the price. Gave The price for all appliances .Refrigerator should have been excluded from that price.. I explained she was told it was a Refrigerator. When the order was placed. She said it was there Mistake and would be taken care of and to call back tomorrow to confirm.

Well the next day I called back, I went through the same Run around again. Another hour on the phone . they ended up Transferring me to the service contractor Again. This time when I went through the hole thing with him. He stated flatly. You were charged what you should have end of story. Now after another hour of dealing with these fools . And being lied to. This guy should not have ended with. Is there anything else I can do for you. Being just a little hot, I did make a suggestion as to where he could go. So now we will see what the PA Attorney Generals office thinks of Bait and switch .
  3. kda

kda New Member

I had a Sears carpet cleaning service come to my home. Two young guys. The were working away in different rooms. I happened into the master bedroom and noticed one of the guys was in my bedroom closet. So I peeked in and he was going through some boxes I had on shelves (the one full of 9 mm ammo).

I was a bit unhappy about that and threw them out. Called Sears and they said they would "talk to them". Well Hoo-Rah.
  4. cycloneman

cycloneman Well-Known Member

I had a contract with diamond exteriors to install fencing for them. Sears contracted with diamond and diamond contracted with us. The customer paid 2.7 times what we charged normally. We made money, diamond made money and sears made money. Whats gets me was that these guys would sell junk and claim it to be bulletproof. Paper thin post and rail, the cheapest you could buy and that is what we put up. They even had a name for it and a look all it's own. Pure junk. I would not use the stuff to make a dog yard.

I have had a set of tools from them i bought 25 years ago and no complants from them. I have bought newer stuff like sockets that shatter.