Second Best Scoped Rifle Shot

Discussion in 'Large-Bore/Small-Bore Rifle/Shotgun' started by The_Rifleman, Jul 6, 2010.

1. graehaven

graehaven Well-Known Member

'Fraid I have to agree with Rifleman, Oneshot. He's put up the video evidence, countless times.

I understand your challenge, truly. Let's see your video of doing that very thing, and then, maybe he'll answer it. Hmmmmm?

Nice shooting, as always, Rifleman.
  2. todd51

todd51 Well-Known Member

+1, Graehaven. I too have followed Rifleman's posts and he has demonstrated great skill in load development and marksmanship.

Todd
  3. red14

red14 Active Member

Easy to criticise,
    hard to duplicate,
    harder to surpass.

I am not a good shot, especially with a rifle. But I have been in competition, in various sports. Coached in many more. One thing I never do, is talk about how good I am, or how bad my foe is. And, I rarely cut down other coaches.

Oneshot, when you duplicate, or surpass his shots, then you can criticise.
  4. oneshot onekill

oneshot onekill New Member

I completely understand. I really usually only post about learning or passing along knowledge about old guns. But because of my past experience in Long range Tactical shooting, the fact that it can take many attempts to make that shot and the video only shows the shot that was made is what led me to make the original statement.

Bottom line is: I acknowledged the shot was a Great shot and I apologized if my post was insulting. Rifleman got his panties in a wad over it and that's on him... Not me. For some reason firearms and shooting skills seem to bring out the worst in the "Chest-thumping", "Manly Man", "Wanna-be's" of the world and frankly, that's a little un-nerving. While I appreciate the challenge you've posed, I have nothing to prove. Can I make that 300yd shot?... Yes. Can I do it the first time?... Maybe. A "cold-bore" shot doesn't generally land in the same spot as subsequent shots. I never said he wasn't a good shot. I never said I was a better shot. I didn't post my questionable video for all the world to see and critique and I have no reason to do so.
  5. JLA

JLA Well-Known Member

Now was any of that really necessary??? Youre attempting an 'apology' that is full of condescending attitude, an impossible feat IMO. If you would follow riflemans posts and ALL of his youtube videos, hes pretty good about posting the misses as well as the hits and will be the first to tell you the video may have been the result of several attempts. I have no doubt in my mind rifleman can hit the mark repeatedly, shot after shot, most of his videos focus on cold bore hits, which is all that matters anywhere except target shooting and tactical competition...
  6. Bobitis

Bobitis Guest

I would consider 3" at 300 yards a very good day.:)
    We're talkin minute of heart/head here. At 300 yards?:eek:

If the guy can hit a quarter, he's got my respect.:cool:
  7. oneshot onekill

oneshot onekill New Member

You're absolutely right. NONE of my "attitude" was necessary. Sometimes I'm just an ASS! My sincere apologies this time. To you, to Rifleman and to anyone else I may have offended with my condescending and out-of-line remarks. No excuses... Just please forgive me. I got my dander up. I was wrong!
    Last edited: Jul 8, 2010
  8. JLA

JLA Well-Known Member

Its all good man. Its cool to disagree and disapprove. Its just gotta be done right;)
  9. todd51

todd51 Well-Known Member

That's cool. That is what makes this the best gun forum out there.
  10. Zane71464

Zane71464 Well-Known Member

Looks to be all good, and Ive seen about all of Rifleman's vidieos he has posted and as said above, he's had his fair share of misses and posted them as well. Like I said above, 1" @ 300yards...hard to beat!