1. Get Gear'd Up! Enter to WIN $1000 in gear!

Please Click Here for full details and to enter. You will need to be registered and logged in to view the details and to participate.

Thanks and good luck to everyone

Second Gun?

Discussion in 'Self Defense Tactics & Weapons' started by TranterUK, Aug 22, 2008.

1. Scattergun Bob

Scattergun Bob New Member

TranterUK - I made an error, I meant to say that I carried no other weapon besides a P7-M8 and a knife. Sorry:eek:

I agree, I carry a knife as a tool, if necessary it is a better defense that a empty hand.

Good Luck & Be Safe
  2. Ursus

Ursus Active Member

Sometimes, I do carry a back-up
  3. kilogulf59

kilogulf59 Former Guest

Rarely anymore however in the past and depending upon the circumstance, yes. Initially they were a .45 automatic and a .38 2-inch 5-shooter.

Later I went over to the standard equipment philosophy and weapons types and calibers matched.
  4. redhart

redhart New Member

If the situation calls for it, I have a S&W .38 Chief in back pocket(have pocket holster)
  5. kilogulf59

kilogulf59 Former Guest

Thinking out loud here but I'll bet the 2-inch .38 revolver is the No.! backup gun...
  6. I have no doubt you are correct, Kilo. It simply doesn't get much better than the snubbie for that purpose.
  7. USMC-03

USMC-03 New Member

Peoples Republic of the Pacific Northwest
    My primary carry piece is a Walther PPK in .380 with 2 spare mags and a IWB holster. If the situation warranted, the PPK would go to the back-up role and my S&W 645 at least 2 spare mags would be primary in pancake holster. I'm using the heaviest basic JHP bullets available in both. I need to look into an ankle holster for the PPK.
  8. rondba

rondba New Member

Springfield Champion on my hip with two extra mags on my off side. S&W snubby on left ankle with two speed strips. Beretta 32 in right pocket with no reload. If that can't fix any social problem I encounter, then I need help.