Secondary Daily Carry

Discussion in 'Knives & Edged Items' started by bassrocker4God04, Dec 22, 2011.

1. bassrocker4God04

bassrocker4God04 New Member

Besides your CCW firearm, what are the other every day carry items do you use? These can be pocket knives, stun guns, mace/pepper spray, or whatever you determine. Please include names and models (if possible) and why you depend on these items daily.

My daily carry is generally one of Kershaw's folder pocket knives. Right now my go to blade of choice is the Kershaw Junkyard Dog II. This was my first ever Kershaw knife and after 5 years I keep coming back to it. The blade is a good 3 inches of solid stainless steel, honed to a razor edge and well maintained. I use it daily for cutting open boxes, and various other household and auto related jobs (cutting off the rubber butts of valve stems for an easy pull) and this knife has never let me down. The edge lasts an extremely long time and is extremely simple to re-hone with a simple credit card sized sharpener. 10 or less passes on either side and I'm good for another couple of months. Every once in a while I will add a second smaller Kershaw blade in my off hand pocket (like a leek or scallion) but it is a rare event.
    Last edited: Dec 22, 2011
  2. Gun Geezer

Gun Geezer Active Member

A small Pittsburgh folding knife with a replaceable blade like a small mat knife. I never was much good at sharpening knives and with this I simply replace the blade or turn it around as it has 2 sides. I picked it up at HD.
  3. Dirtypacman

Dirtypacman New Member

Spyderco Native II AUS-10 Stainless

Monogrammed from my work, I only started to carry it on a daily basis recently although I have had it for 6-7 years.
  4. Awtoman

Awtoman Active Member

After many years of trial and error with many knives, I decided I am not a folding knife person. I carry a small fixed blade knife called a Mini Fox River by Bark River knife and tool. Built like a brick shathouse, and easy to keep an edge that will shave arm hair.

Tom
  5. jacksonco

jacksonco New Member

SOG Aegis assisted opener for my edc. Sharp and fast!