Secret Service agents sent home from Summit of Americas for misconduct

Discussion in 'The Fire For Effect and Totally Politically Incorr' started by jack404, Apr 14, 2012.

1. jack404

jack404 Former Guest

AT least 12 US Secret Service agents tasked with protecting President Barack Obama during his trip to Colombia for the Summit of the Americas have been sent home amid allegations of misconduct.
    A senior law enforcement official told FOX News Channel that at least a dozen agents were recalled from Colombia because of allegations involving prostitution.
    The official said the situation was so serious that diplomats were brought in to mediate and the agency was forced to rush in a new group of agents to cover those sent home.
    Federal Law Enforcement Officers Association president Jon Adler told The Washington Post the accusations include at least one agent being involved with a prostitute in Cartagena, where the President arrived today.
    Secret Service spokesman Edwin Donovan declined to confirm what the allegations involved, but said in a statement that "the Secret Service takes all allegations of misconduct seriously" and the incident was being investigated by the agency's Office of Professional Responsibility.
    Mr Donovan did not specify how many agents were involved, nor how many had been recalled from Colombia.
    "These personnel changes will not affect the comprehensive security plan that has been prepared in advance of the President's trip," his statement said.
    The Post said it was alerted to the misconduct by journalist Ronald Kessler, who has written a book on the Secret Service. Mr Kessler said soliciting prostitutes is legal in Colombia, but was considered inappropriate by the Secret Service.
    Mr Obama flew into Cartagena today for the Americas summit, which is set to be attended by leaders from throughout the region.
    News of the alleged misconduct emerged as two small bombs exploded in Cartagena this morning. No injuries were reported from the explosions, which occurred around 8pm Friday local time, newspaper El Tiempo reported.
    Two small bombs also exploded in the country's capital, Bogota, this morning -- near the US Embassy and the country's high court and attorney general's office. No one was injured.

Read more: http://www.news.com.au/breaking-new...ct/story-e6frfku0-1226326469063#ixzz1rz9zdJU5
  2. jbmid1

jbmid1 Well-Known Member

So...if we send in a couple of prostitutes, we could get many of Obama's security detail to abandon him at an opportune time?
  3. jack404

jack404 Former Guest

i love what he's done with the secret service

forget the day when agents stood fast , not flinching , those guys all got replaced now we have the brothel creepers personally trained by "The One" hisself
  4. permafrost

permafrost Active Member

I find the attitude of the hired help always reflects who ever is in charge.:D
  5. raven818

raven818 Well-Known Member Supporting Member

I think it's a non issue, myself. Maybe bHo's boys had sworn to uphold the cnc only on those long trips. They don't have a chance. The blow-back from this is going to cost them.
  6. musclehead

musclehead New Member

I've read Mr. Kesslers book and this is definately a stain on the services record. we can try to blame the prez but the service promotes from within and has policies in place to prevent any prez to set protection policy.

they used to be the only government agency that actually worked within its budget and they were VERY proud of it. that was back when the service was in the treasury dept, now under homeland security who knows?
  7. jedwil

jedwil Well-Known Member Supporting Member

I am sure that we will be hearing that an atmosphere of corruption began during "W"'s administration.
  8. raven818

It seems there's no such thing as, the buck stops here, anymore. When I was a supervisor and sent someone(s) out on assignment, I was the one held responsible if something went wrong. I had to answer for it, even if I wasn't there.

The cnc is responsible since he is at the top. It was his responsibility to appoint all agency heads. If their incompetent, it's his issue.
  9. jlloyd73

jlloyd73 New Member

They were probably just trying to find a she-boy for Obozo to play with while in town...........
  10. raven818

One more time. :D
  11. jstgsn

jstgsn Well-Known Member

One report I read indicates the hotel staff approached the agent and demanded more money for having an additional guest in the room, which turned out to be a lady of pleasure. It wasn't the agent not paying the young lady, but the hotel claiming there were too many guests. Guess I'm just suspicious by nature, but was this a set up? ie a beautiful young lady shows up at the door and asks to visit, followed five minutes later by the hotel demanding more money. Speculation on my part, but with the reporting we have now days, who knows. Most CIA agents I know are really straight lace. Now the DEA guys.... :eek:
  12. cycloneman

cycloneman Well-Known Member

A agent cant be tempted by anything that includes vigina. It would be your weekness and i find it hard to believe that 12 individuals had that weekness. Nope there is another reason they had to send those 12 home. If that is even what happened. Did you see the 12 get on the plane? Disinformation is all this is. It will make your head hurt and there is no point.
  13. jack404

jack404 Former Guest

i hear Chaves had a quiet trip to columbia at the same time . seems he's better or getting so ...
  14. whymememe

whymememe Former Guest

I wonder if they put it on their expense account, as part of the amenities.
  15. Bobitis

Bobitis Guest

I heard that prostitution was legal in Columbia, and that these 'events' occurred before the potUS even arrived.

No harm, no foul? Or another way to gut the SS and bring in new blood?

It's not like this has never happened before. :rolleyes: