security ???????

Discussion in 'The Fire For Effect and Totally Politically Incorr' started by grcsat, Nov 6, 2010.

1. grcsat

grcsat Active Member

Last month my wife and I were in the DR and had a wounderfull time. While I was there I bought some cuban cohiba cigars along with a gold plated cohiba cigar lighter with my inishals engraved on it.
    We landed a Person international airport and went through custums with no probs. and had a six hour wait for the next flight out. With that much time to waste I went outside for a smoke and of course you have to go though security all over again. This time they confiscated my lighter because the word "torch" on the lighter case. Apearantly torches are not allowed on airplanes. Was I ever PO. and to make matters worse my plane was delayed another two hours.
    An hour later I go outside for one last smoke and I don"t have any maches so I ask this girl standing close by if she had a lite. She then prosedes to pull out a gold plated cohiba lighter with my inishals on it . I asked her if she would like to sell her lighter and she said yes for ten dollars. I gave her the ten dollars and got back my lighter. ( I mailed it home)

The point I'm trying to make is how good is the security we have when they are ripping off the traveling public.

This sort of thing scars the hell out of me.
    Last edited: Nov 6, 2010
  2. hogger129

hogger129 Active Member

That's one reason I refuse to fly. I'll drive myself if I go somewhere. Or take a train. Or a bus. I absolutely will not fly on a plane.

I feel much safer on the ground vs. in the air too. Look at it this way - if the plane is going down, you don't have much of a chance to survive. If you get in a car crash, bus crash, train crash, your chances of survival are probably better than in a plane crash.

I also HATE those full-body scanners. I don't mind chicks looking at it and checking out my package, but what if there's a gay guy or something? Also, what if you were traveling with your gf or wife? Then some guy looking at that monitor can check out your gf or wife.

If I had to fly, I'd opt out of the full-body scan and be patted down.

But I won't fly. Ever again. Period.
  3. carver

carver Moderator

DAV, Deep in the Pineywoods of East Texas, just we
    Man, that's crazy! I once took the test, and training to become Airport Security. I didn't get the job (thank God), but I did get to work with some of the ones that did get the jobs, and I can tell you up front that there is no way I would have trusted some of these people for a minute!
  4. graehaven

graehaven Well-Known Member

It's corruption, through and through. Follow the money.
  5. dons2346

dons2346 Well-Known Member Supporting Member

Problem is that all the airport security bosses have a different interpretation of the rules. In the TSA rules, it says knitting needles are allowed. Then further down it says it is up the the individual locations. What good is a set of rules if they can be made up or enforced on the fly.

Flying to Mexico one trip, the wife had a Swiss Army Knife in her purse. She made it through security in Los Angeles, through Cabo, and was finally caught in Mazatlan. We were lucky enough to have another bag to check so she got to keep the knife.
  6. Trouble 45-70

Trouble 45-70 New Member

There has been a move afoot for over two years to get this crap going for the trains and buses too. That ought to be a riot.

I refuse to fly again. I would end up in jail the first time some pervert grabbed my crotch. And I would rip the throat out of the first guy who reaches up my wife's skirt and grabs hold. They would probably break every bone in my ancient body. But at least there would be one less pervert at TSA.
  7. Trouble 45-70

Trouble 45-70 New Member

Found this on Drudge. Site is Info -Wars. About 11 min. long.

A real jaw tightener.

Children Refusing Airport Naked Body Scanners

The Alex Jones Channel Alex Jones Show podcast Prison Planet TV Infowars.com Twitter Alex Jones' Facebook Infowars store

Infowars.com
    November 5, 2010

Alex talks with Michelle, a long-time Infowars.com employee about her experience at the hands of the TSA.

Note: While her experience is frightening enough to warrant serious concern among citizens, Alex himself has witnessed this happen to men, women, and children on multiple occasions. Michelle will be joining Alex on the show again today to continue the discussion. It is important to note that the pat-downs are intensifying in their violations of personal space and privacy. Click here to watch the live video stream free and here

http://www.infowars.com/tsa-fondles-women-and-children-refusing-airport-naked-body-scanners/
  8. grcsat

grcsat Active Member

"There has been a move afoot for over two years to get this crap going for the trains and buses too. That ought to be a riot."

Acutuly there is security on many trains. However it is a form of soft security. What it means is that it is not a BS type of political security but a make sence security. meaning that after you buy a ticket you show id. the id is run through a data base.
    When you get on the train , on come the puppy dogs ( in the bagage car) looking for nitrates or drugs. They don't care if you got a gun in your suitcase because your not going to have acess to it. you have no idea of how many marshals are on any train at any given time.

Hope I haven't messed up train rides for you.
  9. hogger129

hogger129 Active Member

Can't you carry guns on a train? I always thought you could put them in your carry on.
  10. grcsat

grcsat Active Member

"Can't you carry guns on a train? I always thought you could put them in your carry on"

Here is some stats for you
    A train,
    Hit over 360 cars a year.
    Hits about 1,000 moose a year
    Your odds of survival are better than a car,bus,airlpane, unless you'r the one driving the car.
    In regards to train acidents with cars/trucks.
    1 fake insurace claims 50%
    2 suside 30%
    3 a for real acident 20%

most common vec. hit is the jeep cher.
    least common hit is the chev tracker