Sedgley .22 Rifle

Discussion in 'The Ask the Pros & What's It Worth? Forum' started by CountryGunsmith, Mar 4, 2003.

1. CountryGunsmith

CountryGunsmith New Member

gregreddick
    (2/5/03 5:36:47 pm)
    Reply | Edit | Del All R.F. Sedgley .22RF Semi-automatic, Bolt action repeater
    --------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    I have what i believe to be a rare American made .22 rf rifle. It is a clip fed semi-automatic or cab be used as a bolt action single repeater. It is marked:
    RF Sedgley
    Firearms Manufacturer
    Philidelphia, PA
    Model 45
    NO serial number!

All this is stamped in using individual letter stamps. It is built in the manner of the classic rifles of the first half of the 20th century. Classic walnut stock with schnabel forend, Steel grip cap and butt palte. Very well made and like nothing I have seen before. Can anyone shed any light on this piece?

AntiqueDr
    *TFF Senior Staff*
    (2/5/03 6:14:42 pm)
    Reply | Edit | Del
    Re: R.F. Sedgley .22RF Semi-automatic, Bolt action repeater
    --------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    Sedgley is most well-known for fine sporting conversions of 1903 Springfields, Krags and Mauser rifles. Sedgley also made a wide array of handguns from the Baby Hammerless type through heavy caliber modified single-actions and conversion units for 1911's. Plus all types of military stuff including flare pistols. Plus cheapie (like die-cast metal cheapie) movie prop guns.

His upper-end sporters are running in the $1000 plus range. I would like to see pictures of your rifle, perhaps we can get closer with the ID and value.