Self defense fighting style

Discussion in 'Self Defense Tactics & Weapons' started by Davejohn90, Sep 14, 2012.

1. jack404

jack404 Former Guest

i should move away , cut and run huh ? i see how your mind works , well i did move away , i was ordered too , ordered to leave my home , to lessen community tensions

narr i was winning , and thanks to those who say you should run away showing what they'd do , not what a right minded non fear controlled person would do

i was chased outta my own home , but the Good Lord Brought me here

and here i be..

and i still go back to where i was , to give them a hard time

know why ?

too stupid to give in

unlike others who's first thought is to let em run them off

i guess i'm just a dumb old fart with not enough brains to know whats what

but i'm still here ,

where are my attackers ??

run home to palistine or lebanon or other places

cause they know there aint no end until I say so

and i aint said so yet on most of em

but hey you come here bag martial arts and then say to roll over first chance

i'll not follow your advice eh

i've not a high regard for cowadice
    Last edited: Oct 6, 2012
  2. 76Highboy

76Highboy Well-Known Member Supporting Member

3. 76Highboy

Thanks country, I'm gonna get me a bucket today and I will be the best chicken fighter you have ever seen. :D

OK, all joking aside. I love to fight. For the O.P. in considering his weight and size. This is always my mindset with fighting.

All fights go to the ground,,, ALWAYS. If you die, win, or lose, it all goes to the ground. The reason I say boxing is you never really lose your technique. When someone confronts you, once they are into your "Zone" you take them with the hit. I have practiced Kenpo Karate, Judo, and much more. But I have also boxed and I really am not a great boxer. The thing is what I have retained all of my life is my boxing. If I get on the heavy bag or the speed bag I suck!!! But from time to time I have either had a chance to spar with someone, or actually have had a confrontation with someone and it seems like when my adrenaline kicks in it is always two things that automatically kick in for me. It is my boxing and my ground grappling. I have ran into friends that were in some sort of martial arts when we were young and it seems that my boxing skills are better then their martial arts skills.

If you want to learn how to fight, here is the best way. Don't spend your money on useless Karate. You can find it for free except other then a simple gym membership. There are always gyms that have places set up for fighters who come to town and they need someone to spar with so they can be ready for local fights. I did this for a lot of years and let me tell you what, I got my butt kicked. However, the guys were always grateful to have someone to spar with and after a while I began getting good at fighting. You learn a lot. The best is when you get done and they work with you and show you techniques. I also made some neat friends. Also, you will learn a variety of arts but what you realize is it all goes to the ground. I don't care how good you are at boxing, or martial arts, but if you can't fight on the ground you need to plan on losing.
  4. Country101

Country101 Active Member

You and Kimbo might be a good match. You'll have the same style. :D
  5. 76Highboy

My nickname is Jimbo. Kimbo vs. Jimbo. :D
  6. Country101

Country101 Active Member

The winner gets a chicken dinner and a tub of Thin Mint. :D
  7. targetacqmgt

targetacqmgt New Member

Good info-I like my shivs long and on the end of a rifle- suggest any site for simple bayonet drill & props?? I did some of this in the service but am out of practice.- Good excercise I think for a fat old man-tone it up and loonen it up.:D
  8. targetacqmgt

targetacqmgt New Member

Ja but it is too noisy if you are doing a night raid. Which I may have to do if IT all falls apart. For a big man my wife says I move VERY quitely and startle the sh*t out of her. SO yeah taking some one out at night is with a knife- silencers on a weapon may still be too noisy. Besides like a Psych Lockdown LRP once told me he liked the feel of the enemy jerking against him and the fell of blood running over his had.:eek: I glad the VA put him BACK in lockdown after his one night out to a Vietnam Vet meeting.sighhhhhhh Me I just like working at night too many night ops I guess.
  9. hoodedmonk

hoodedmonk New Member

Jack...Dont be a window licker! I'm not bagging on Martial arts! I've practiced a few of them. Kajukembo,Tae kwon do,Boxing, Bjj, muay thai and wrestling. I was just trying to give the op some practicle advice based on my own experiences.
  10. jack404

jack404 Former Guest

ok for a start , window licker , dunno if it means the same there as here but here that would get you on your butt pretty quick , and advice to stay there until everyone left

you told the OP to disregard what everyone else said for your advice

then gave a reference to a site that promotes some folks and bags other out while selling others stuff that theres no comment on ..

if you had ever really been serious in martial arts you would know when and when not to give ground or run away and you dont do that first up .. or i dont

having taught close combat techniques as we call it here for 20 something years , been world armed services champ on 4 occasions last when i was 41 years of age you would know situational awareness is the best defense you have , weapons, i'm a weapon as is any real student of martial arts , as thats the goal , to train yourself to win in all situations against opponants for real

i've taken guns off folks a couple times knives too and i dont get there by running away

so explain window licker to me and we'll go from there eh?

we where all trying to advise the Op based on our own experiences

but seems only yours matters .. you a betting man ??

i've a wager in mind ...

carson aint that for from my first port of call in the US

i've a charity bout in Corvallis OR

i'm to match a marine instructor, when done there how about you join us in the ring

bouts to promote wounded warrior , it'll be up on their site when the dates fixed for my visa and such

military ruoles so first blood stops everything easy PC stuff

no cages like here and no time locks or such

interested ?
    Last edited: Oct 7, 2012
  11. 76Highboy

I don't know what a window licker is, and I have never heard that expression before. But, just guessing, a window licker Jack is not. Even though I don't know what that is.
  12. jack404

jack404 Former Guest

Here it means a retarded person , very heavily mentally disabled

with some foul habits ..

its what you would call a dead set low life ,
  13. 76Highboy

Oh, you mean someone like me. That you are not Jack.
  14. jack404

jack404 Former Guest

i'd not call anyone here such , we get spammers and crap but ya dont even call them that

last one the press here called that was that dude , comminuty worker who put camera's in all the ladies toilets in the community centre and had em there for a couple years
    and sold everything ...

he not only preyed upon those he was supposed to help but funded it all by stealing from them , fake bills scam about $200K all up and he made $50 K from selling the video's then ran away to asia somewhere ,

thats about as low as it get's
  15. 76Highboy

Yep, he was a real window licker. Kind of like Hillary. :D
  16. hoodedmonk

hoodedmonk New Member

That's not how I meant it.

Attached Files:

17. hoodedmonk

hoodedmonk New Member

No thank you not for me.
  18. hoodedmonk

hoodedmonk New Member

Jack I Apolagize.
  19. jack404

jack404 Former Guest

No worries

Cheers
  20. RYANINMICHIGAN

RYANINMICHIGAN New Member

The only caveate to that is you better jerk that bitch and go to work before I get inside of 20 feet otherwise if you don't have a means to protect yourself with your hands I am going to change your life with mine...