Self Defense training method

Discussion in 'Self Defense Tactics & Weapons' started by kravi, Apr 14, 2004.

1. kravi

kravi New Member

Ladies and Gentlemen,

I'm a fairly new shooter, and I mostly shoot because it is fun. However, I also recognize the real world applications of this skill. I figure that since I enjoy shooting I should focus either on target shooting or defensive shooting. I think defensive shooting is more up my alley.

Does anyone have any advise as to how to establish a "routine" for learning proper techniques? The only place I can practice is at an indoor range, which prohibits one rolling around, shooting lying down, etc. I don't own enough property to have a place to shoot outside.

I was looking for a list, maybe to develop a set of instructions (guidelines) that could be stickied to the top of this forum.

ex.

30% shooting at 7 yards
    50% quick fire
    50% slow firing (for accuracy)
    15% shooting at 3 yards
    50% quick fire
    50% speed draw (from holster)
    etc.

Any ideas anyone?

-Kravi
  2. Sackett

Sackett Member

I may have double posted somewhere, I'm not sure.
    Anyway, there are many drills that can be found on the net. If I can find a website, I'll put it up for you. I'm not having any luck right now.
    The 2 methods I use mostly, when practicing, are the "El Presidente" and the "Mozambique" drills. For me, they make a lot of sense. A search on the net will describe the details.
    Yol Bolsun.
  3. kravi

kravi New Member

Thanks for the tip. I'll search for these techniques, even though they mean absolutely nothing to me... Mozambique? Sounds strange, but we'll see :)

-Kravi
  4. Sackett

Sackett Member

5. kravi

kravi New Member

That's an incredible page. I'd recommend it to everyone. Thanks Sackett! That has a lot of info I was looking for.

-Kravi
  6. SouthernMoss

SouthernMoss *Admin Tech Staff*

Great site, Sackett!! :)
  7. gosbill

gosbill Guest

uh, without a timer, and some posted

times as to what's fair, good, very good, excellent, cutting edge, I don't see much point in any of it. Anyone can get that sort of hit, if they take long enough.
  8. noslolo

noslolo New Member

Wow!!! and I was just about to ask for this info! :)