Self defense

Discussion in 'Self Defense Tactics & Weapons' started by ineedsoap16, Apr 25, 2009.

1. Tom Militano

Tom Militano New Member

This is going nowhere and I think the moderators should close this particular post.
  2. oscarmayer

oscarmayer New Member

because you don't agree, you want a thread closed? or is it i'm unimpressed with your credentials. you cant swing a dead cat in here with hitting a vet, i too have worked for the gov't for 30 years so what it's not the point nor is the fact you were a vet a sniper or a trainer. the point you seem to be missing is life is worth more than the crap you collect. and for those that feel the need to take a life to save their crap ( not a family member or ones-self thats different story) they are wrong thinking . you're also comparing war with civilian life. what i did while in the service was part of my job it was also kill or be killed different circumstance different mindset. perhaps you're suffering from some type of disfunctional brain issue if you can't see that or the differnce in protecting your family or the toaster........
  3. Tom Militano

Tom Militano New Member

How about you live your life and react to things the way you want and I'll do what I feel is right. That suit you?
  4. zfk55

zfk55 New Member

".................. an' ol' Brer' Rabbit, he set in de bushes...... Lay low an' he don' say nuffin'"

:D

zfk55
  5. 31bravo

31bravo New Member

well the way i see it do what ever you can to help you situation if you shoot or not. use a small caliber gun or even bird shot. post signs to worn BGs away. clearly understand the laws in your area its best to talk with a cop with some rank and even a lawer. dont reload your own ammo and dont shoot more then you have to.
  6. kutaho

kutaho New Member

Peoples Republic of the Pacific Northwest
    "got another spot in those bushes Brer' Rabbit " quietly asks old Brer' Fox
  7. zfk55

zfk55 New Member

Rite over dere, nex to de tar baby. :rolleyes::D

Latigo
  8. woolleyworm

woolleyworm Active Member

As always, this can be a bit of a touchy subject and I think there have been some very good points brought up. For me, it all comes down to one word :

PREPAREDNESS

Preparation is the key to remaining as calm and level headed as possible. I am prepared as best I can be to defend my LIFE and my Loved Ones without the use of deadly force; once this is thought through ahead of time, the decision for use of deadly for is not a mixed or unclear one, DF as stated in other threads, does NOT include my dvd player, tv or anything of material value. I don't obsess and worry about someone breaking in or coming home to someone in my house; I do however think it prudent to have a plan and have "stepped" through those scenarios; I feel that this offers MYSELF the best possible outcome. Some may call me "paranoid" as I scan the house as I'm approaching and BEFORE i pull into the driveway; I take different routes to/from home. I know what is possible out there and I don't care what others think, I do it for My safety.

I think the good in all of this discussion, is that it's made us all think a little more about our options, responsiblities and consequences regarding self-defense; there can never be enough thought beforehand.

Semper Fi and thanks for sharing all thoughts, it's been an interesting read.
  9. 45nut

45nut Active Member

Pounding others because you differ with them on this subject is not really necessary. We can disagree nicely. If you think your crap (your words) is not worth taking a criminal's life (often times a career offender that will continue in that way of life and probably get more dangerous with time), then that is your choice. If someone else disagrees with you, let them make their own decisions.

While I have not taken a criminal's life, I have spared two. But the situation didn't require deadly force. Also that was about 15 years ago. Times are changing. Nowadays, punks just don't want to car jack you, or invade your home, or steal your property, they all seem to want to be a bad a$$ and kill someone. So they can brag to their worthless criminal friends. Or how about the thrill killers, those kids that want to know what it feels like to kill someone??

My point in all of this is this: I am not a keyboard commando. Just because I haven't served in the military and killed in war does not negate my opinion on this matter. You may choose to ignore it and that's okay. If someone invades my home or tries to car jack me, they have just put their life in my hands and I will do what is necessary to protect me and my family. If that means the bad guy dies, then so be it.

P.S. My stuff is important and some lazy a$$ career criminal isn't going to take it without a price

God Bless and E Pluribus Unum
    Last edited: Jun 22, 2009
  10. oscarmayer

oscarmayer New Member

looking back at my replies and posting i can see where they might have been viewed as negative but that was not my intentions. it's hard to convey a reasonable thought in the typed word ( at least for me) so i cut corners and do not sometimes fully explain my answers or comments. do i think it's "foolish" to make a statement such as " if i shoot someone and they fall outside i'll drag him in" yep not only foolish but reckless. the term keyboard commandos are to those that haven't rationized the awesome responsiblity it is to own a firearm. they get thier facts and mindset from the internet or worse yet hollywood, where the good guy seeks to get even at any cost. come on we all know those types... hell i have a son-in law that thinks just being in the right is all that matters. and ok in a perfect world it would but in the real world we have people that would make examples of those that modified a trigger pull or even used hollow point ammo. it's not as easy as just owning a gun and being able to shoot. as told to spiderman "with great power comes great responsiblity" my point though not very well expressed was just that. so to those that felt insulted or singled out i'm truely sorry for my choice of words and my inability to better get my point across.
  11. 45nut

45nut Active Member

Hey oscar,

I've read enough of your posts to get a feel for your style. You tell it like it is or how you feel it is, which is too close to call sometimes. I do the same thing on subjects that fire me up. ;)

It's hard to type something tongue in cheek and it's hard to see the glint of humor in your eyes via Algore's internet invention. :D
  12. UncleFudd

UncleFudd Member

This is still a great place to share thoughts, experience and ideas. We all have our own ways of doing things and bring our experiences to the table. So it makes for a diversified learning experience with every question and answer. I do not always agree but I can sort the fly specks from the pepper to get the best out of every reply, so thanks to all in your own way for your ideas.

I do get kick out of the old "drag them back in the house" thing. But I often wonder at what those who would have us do so will do with all that stuff leaking out of the carcass after you have shot it multiple times with your favorite blaster. And for those fortunate enough to never have had to deal with this phenomena, I say to you from personal experience, (three times in the past 15 years) there is a LOT of stuff leaking and laying around after a body has been shot. And remember wherever it is in your home, office etc. someone has to clean it up. Now you can hire a hazmat team to come in and do it for you at great expense or you can elect to do it yourself, but it will have to be done and it is anything but fun.
    So please put that in the little black book of things to deal with before, during and after the shooting. Also remember that you have just apparently survived a "near death experience". How well do you imagine you are functioning about now. Also, was some or all of your family involved if this took place in your home, and if so are they all unharmed, (physical) that is, because mentally all of you will be a mess for the rest of your lives?

Sorry for the rant, but I wanted to point out the obvious just for kicks. And I truly mean this for a learning experience for any who are truly interested in and currently practicing the art of self defense. It is real folks, when you shoot someone, pieces and parts come off and land in your home and then the body leaks and I don't mean a bloody Fu%$k%ng nose, I mean it leaks lots of nasty stuff from every orifice (poop, pee, snot and that red, sticky stuff) and you are at some point going to have that mess to deal with. So I would caution against moving a body if it falls outside your home as it will most definitely leave a trail. In addition, you will also have just violated your own crime scene and destroyed your own credibility. Protect your crime scene and your credibility, the cops who show up will not know you or anything about you or the bad guys and will not know the difference until they are able to sort it out. So your credibility is critical and the crime scene may be the only thing that eventually tells the real story and keeps your butt out of prison.

Food for thought,
    stay safe.

UF