1. Get Gear'd Up! Enter to WIN $1000 in gear!

Please Click Here for full details and to enter. You will need to be registered and logged in to view the details and to participate.

Thanks and good luck to everyone

sell the box ?

Discussion in 'The Ask the Pros & What's It Worth? Forum' started by henry0reilly, Jan 10, 2007.

1. henry0reilly

henry0reilly Member

I have an offer, sight unseen, of $50 on the box for the Super Blackhawk I recently purchased.

If I do decide to sell it I'll post it in an auction with a $50 minimum bid rather than selling it outright but I'm not sure.

I really can't see having the box adding $50 to the value of the gun or would it?
  2. Xracer

Xracer *TFF Admin Staff Mediator*

The box can certainly add to the value on older, collectable firearms. It also adds to the value of newer, unfired, firearms.

A newer Super Blackhawk is not (yet) a collectable. If you plan on using your SB as a shooter, sell the box. If you intend to put it away and admire it, keep the box.
  3. wonderwhippet

wonderwhippet Active Member

A box for the new model is worth less than ten bucks. You may as well keep it.
  4. swabjocky

swabjocky New Member

many collectors of just about anything will pay a premium to have the item in it's "origiinal" box. Also the more paperwork you have pertaining to that item can also increase it's value. Yeah I get bored and watch Antiques Roadshow.
  5. ken w.

ken w. Member

If you still own the gun I would keep it with it along with all the paperwork.I just sold a S&W box on Ebay for $75.00 with all the paperwork.People like to have the box. If you ever sell your gun the box will add to the value of it.
  6. LDBennett

LDBennett Well-Known Member

Isn't this concept of value for a box flawed. Any gun I have purchased in the last 20 years has the gun's serial number on it. What good is a box for another firearm? It's hardly "original box and paperwork" when the numbers don't match.

Whom ever offered the $50 is not thinking right. If it is a friend then straighten him out but if you don't know him take the money and run.

LDBennett