Selling my Glock 17 for a Glock 21 or 30, which one to get?

Discussion in 'Centerfire Pistols & Revolvers' started by The Count, Nov 25, 2010.

1. The Count

The Count New Member

I already have several 9MM handguns including a Ruger SR9C and always wanted a .45. To save money i will trade in my Gen 4 Model 17 (hope to get around $350 from my local gun store that always treats me fairly).

I an torn between a 21 SF and a 30 SF... Let's face it, they are both big chunky guns. The 30 has a 10 round magazine and the 21 a 13, not really a big difference for me. I will not use either one for concealed carry because i have a Ruger LCP for that. So this is a range shooting gun for me. Anybody have experience with both that could give me some tips?
  2. johnlives4christ

johnlives4christ Former Guest

id go with the 21 if it was me. i just like the full size glocks
  3. Helix_FR

Helix_FR Active Member

Though I'm not a huge fan of any glocks, I know a few guys that shoot IDPA and other matches with the Glock 30 and 35. They seem to perform well.
  4. Gun Geezer

Gun Geezer Well-Known Member

If you're not going to CC it, I would get the G-21. I recently purchased a G-30SF because I intend to CC it. The G-30SF is only very slightly larger than the G-36 but it is a bit thicker because of the double stack. My hands are somewhat stubby but wide so the G-30SF actually feels better than the G-36 and holds more rnds. The G-21 is a full sized gun and will most likely shoot better (if that's possible) than the sub-compacts.
  5. AngelDeville

AngelDeville New Member

I agree with Geezer, get a full size unless you will actually carry it. But I'd prefer the 36 over the 30, but either will do the job.
  6. The Count

The Count New Member

OK, thanks everybody. The 21 it is then :)