1. Get Gear'd Up! Enter to WIN $1000 in gear!

Please Click Here for full details and to enter. You will need to be registered and logged in to view the details and to participate.

Thanks and good luck to everyone

Senate Bill 34 and the NRA

Discussion in 'The Constitutional & RKBA Forum' started by Juker, Apr 11, 2011.

1. redwing carson

redwing carson Former Guest

I don't know how you can defend the Democrats on gun control. The idea that the Repubs did not win in a budget battle leads to gun control??? The most radical anti-gunners have been and are Dems. In 1968 the Dems led by LBJ came closed to disarming the U.S. They tried to ban Ammo and scopes as well as firearms. In the end we got the 1968 Gun Control act. This was the largest loss of firearms rights in U.S. history. In order to enforce this law they gave us the BATF. These old "revanooers" became the Dems police force to control those awful armed U.S. citizens.:eek:
  2. graehaven

graehaven Well-Known Member

That is an interesting leap that was not suggested in anything I wrote.

The infrastructure of control - the Patriot Act, and Homeland Security - were instituted under a republican controlled administration.

If you believe that may lead to more gun control or confiscation, then that's fine. I'd have a hard time arguing the point.

There are also plenty of wishy washy republicans on the gun issue.

INACTION on the part of republicans to do anything to reign in federal spending, to reign in homeland sec., to reign in the BATFE, etc. is troublesome beyond understanding. Their inaction, is action - action to remove your rights.
  3. Old Grump

Old Grump New Member

Little hut in the woods near Blue River Wisconsin
    That was a rhetorical question right?

Are you a conservative, a gun owner, Christian, On more than one gun board, listen to conservative radio, ever said anything derogatory against anybody who wants to take your guns away for your own good. do you belong to NRA, JPFO, RKBA, GOA, Constitution Party, Libertarian Party, American Legion, VFW, SAF, etc. etc. etc.

Worse yet do you speak and understand English and do you think 'Shall not be infringed', means the same today as it did in 1788 when the Constitution was ratified. If you are so deranged that you think like that then stand by to have your rights taken from you and to have your grandmother and your little children patted down like any other bomb throwing radical. Shame on you for shame. Now drink the Kool Aid and stand silently by while our government rapes you and be sure to smile like you really appreciate the honor.

Excuse me while I go out and buy some more ammo while I still can.
  4. hogger129

hogger129 Active Member

5. hogger129

hogger129 Active Member

I have to agree with you on the "wishy washy" Republicans part... I mean look at Mitt Romney. Or idk if anybody here is from NY -- Rudy Guliani. I forget who, but there was a picture someone posted of him at a rally with Jim Brady.

I thought Reagan signed some big piece of gun control legislation too back in 1986. I thought it was the law that required background checks... Not sure on that one though, so don't quote me on that.
  6. Buckshot

Buckshot Active Member

Republicans and Democrats - Two completely different approaches...to the same end result. In fact, I believe the whole us vs. them battle is nothing more than sleight of hand designed to hold our attention so we THINK we have a dog in the hunt, a team to cheer for, while they ALL take this country down. You got to hand it to them, they are doing it right in front of us, we outnumber them 310,000,000 to 545, and we're not even slowing them down.
  7. deen_ad

deen_ad New Member

We seem to have that going on on the Columbia river too!! Must be thousands of guns there now.
  8. carver

carver Moderator

DAV, Deep in the Pineywoods of East Texas, just we
    ... In her statement Wednesday, Ms. Napolitano defended the report, which says “rightwing extremism” may include groups opposed to abortion and immigration, as merely one among several threat assessments.
    ... “Rightwing extremism,” the report said in a footnote on Page 2, goes beyond religious and racial hate groups and extends to “those that are mainly antigovernment, rejecting federal authority in favor of state or local authority, or rejecting government authority entirely.”
    ... “It may include groups and individuals that are dedicated to a single issue, such as opposition to abortion or immigration,” said the report, which also listed gun owners and veterans of the Iraq and Afghanistan wars as potential risks.

Looks like I'm a right wing extremist!

Government has only one goal, no matter what form of government, and that is to Govern; completly, and totally! Dem., Rep., Dictator, King, or Queen, it makes no difference! All forms of Government leads to only one thing!
  9. jim brady

jim brady Well-Known Member

We sure have ourselves pulling in a bunch of different directions. You let Janet Napolitano or anyone else define you - you are in trouble. Democrat and Republican politicians all feed at the same trough (or suckle the same teet, if you prefer). Not a speck of real difference between them.

In the end, both toilets dump into the same place. Funny thing is that almost everyone just NATURALLY assumes that the TEA Party is a subsidiary of the Republican Party (just as the Unions are a subsidiary of the Democratic Party). I don't think that is correct. Lots of folks are getting a belly full of both the two main political parties. Where the heck does our Constitution allow for 2 (TWO) political parties? Why not a strong 3rd party?
    Last edited: Apr 16, 2011
  10. Marlin T

Marlin T Active Member

Attached Files:

11. Devonshire

Devonshire New Member

ACTION ALERT: Re: Senate Bill 34 and the NRA

Here is an Action Alert from Gun Owners of America on this issue. Click on link to take action.....

Senate to Consider Bill Allowing Obama-Packing Scheme
    Senate to Consider Bill to Fill Federal Gun Positions with Political Hacks

First, there was FDR's court-packing scheme.
    Now, the Democrat-controlled Senate wants to give Barack Obama even more power to pack the Justice Department with political hacks -- and to put them in key positions that will adversely affect our gun rights.

http://capwiz.com/gunowners/utr/2/?a=39797501&i=685050&c
  12. Bobitis

Bobitis Guest

I guess it comes down to:

1) appropriately suspected
    2) material support or resources for terrorism
    3) reasonable belief
    4) to include individuals whom the 'Attorney General' has determined to be engaged in terrorist activities.
    5) Authorizes the 'Attorney General' to 'withhold information' in firearms and explosives license denial revocation lawsuits and from employers if the 'Attorney General' determines that the disclosure of such information would likely compromise national security.

Who makes this crap up?:eek::mad:
  13. dge479

dge479 New Member

wow, hard to believe they got Lautnberg and Menendez on board, had to be tough to do