1. Get Gear'd Up! Enter to WIN $1000 in gear!

Please Click Here for full details and to enter. You will need to be registered and logged in to view the details and to participate.

Thanks and good luck to everyone

Send in the Clones!

Discussion in 'The 1911 Forum' started by ysacres, Mar 7, 2003.

1. ysacres

ysacres Well-Known Member

TYRVR
    (4/19/01 10:38:46 pm)
    Reply Send in the Clones!
    --------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    Any of you hardcore 1911 shooters had the chance to test drive the S&W version of the 1911, the "945"? I have one, and it is very nice, shoots like A dream, functions with everything I've tried,and is an attractive piece, but not cheap, I loaned it to A local instructor, and he wants to borrow it for the Govenours 20 match, He was that impressed, He usually shoots His Wayne Novak piece, and has won A time or two, but likes the S&W better, wants to trade, I told Him to win the match, and We would begin haggling,

shooter45 us
    *Senior Chief Moderator*
    (4/19/01 11:20:11 pm)
    Reply Re: Send in the Clones!
    --------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    Tye , I saw a 945 in a shop last week. It felt good and had a nice trigger. Didn't get to shoot it though. I'm not a fan of S&W auto's, but this one got my attention. I guess for that much money, I'd buy a 1911.

TYRVR
    (4/20/01 8:25:16 am)
    Shooter, it is A 1911, just dolled up, and with just A few modifications, no more than You would see on any other custom piece, but I was most impressed with the Briley Bbl. bushing, has what appears to be A bronze spherical floating ring, that is self aligning, very tight and repeating in lockup,

shooter45 us
    *Senior Chief Moderator*
    (4/20/01 8:57:58 am)
    Tye, I've used those Briley bushings before.Less work , but the $52.00 retail is a bit much.