Send in the Clones!

Discussion in 'The 1911 Forum' started by ysacres, Mar 7, 2003.

1. ysacres

ysacres Well-Known Member

TYRVR
    (4/19/01 10:38:46 pm)
    Reply Send in the Clones!
    --------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    Any of you hardcore 1911 shooters had the chance to test drive the S&W version of the 1911, the "945"? I have one, and it is very nice, shoots like A dream, functions with everything I've tried,and is an attractive piece, but not cheap, I loaned it to A local instructor, and he wants to borrow it for the Govenours 20 match, He was that impressed, He usually shoots His Wayne Novak piece, and has won A time or two, but likes the S&W better, wants to trade, I told Him to win the match, and We would begin haggling,

shooter45 us
    *Senior Chief Moderator*
    (4/19/01 11:20:11 pm)
    Reply Re: Send in the Clones!
    --------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    Tye , I saw a 945 in a shop last week. It felt good and had a nice trigger. Didn't get to shoot it though. I'm not a fan of S&W auto's, but this one got my attention. I guess for that much money, I'd buy a 1911.

TYRVR
    (4/20/01 8:25:16 am)
    Shooter, it is A 1911, just dolled up, and with just A few modifications, no more than You would see on any other custom piece, but I was most impressed with the Briley Bbl. bushing, has what appears to be A bronze spherical floating ring, that is self aligning, very tight and repeating in lockup,

shooter45 us
    *Senior Chief Moderator*
    (4/20/01 8:57:58 am)
    Tye, I've used those Briley bushings before.Less work , but the $52.00 retail is a bit much.