Serial Number Mystery

Discussion in 'Curio & Relics Forum' started by indygun, Nov 3, 2011.

1. indygun

indygun New Member

Hello All
    As a new member I posted the following question yesterday in the General Forum - that was before I stumbled into this category. I'm a new member (Indygun) and need some help solving a puzzle. Some time ago I inherited two guns from the same person. One is an Ithica 16 ga. hammerless side/side double with damascus barrels. The other is a Stevens falling block 22 rifle (Model 44 I think). Now the puzzle. The guns have sequential serial numbers (XXX24 and XXX25, yes the three X's are the same on each gun). Looks to me, based on wear and surface condition of the Ser. Nos. that the numbers are original. Is this possible?? I don't believe in coincidence. My efforts to trace the serial numbers to identify the date of manufacture and point of sale have not been completely successful. I think the shotgun was mfg. about 1900/1901, can't find anything on the Stevens rifle. Got any suggestions/ideas on how to identify these guns.
    Regards, Indygun
  2. Jim Hauff

Jim Hauff New Member

It is pure COINCIDENCE - buy a lottery ticket.
  3. RJay

RJay Well-Known Member

As Jim Hauff posted it is only a coincidence, Ithaca and Stevens had no connections with each other.