Serial # question

Discussion in 'The Ask the Pros & What's It Worth? Forum' started by Squeak, Jun 25, 2012.

1. Squeak

Squeak New Member

I bought one of Colt's fancy 100 year anniversary Tier II .45 ACP pistols. They only made 750 of these & the thought occured to me that the one I have might be worth slightly more than some of the others because it has a two digit middle 40's serial number.
    Does this matter to collector value or am I just dreaming? It's a "safe queen" that will never be fired.
  2. Jim K

Jim K New Member

I may well be wrong, but I doubt that with such a small number made, a given serial number will make much difference in the future value. Number 1 might be worth more, but I don't think number 46 or 324 would be.

Traditionally, those anniversary and commemorative guns have not done well as investments, often bringing little more than the standard "unfancy" guns of the same make and model.

Jim