Serious Question - UFO's

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by Tom Militano, Aug 24, 2009.

1. Tom Militano

Tom Militano New Member

How many believe there are UFO's? Seriously, no I think I saw one when I left the bar replies please.
  2. Big ugly

Big ugly New Member

To think we are tho only ones in the universe is assinine. As old as the planets are and all that there is bound to be a race of beeings out there more advanced as our behinds.

I believe we have been visited, have I ever seen anything, Maybe once in Florida but I wont say yay or nay.
  3. Suicide*Ride

Suicide*Ride New Member

Yep, I believe in E.T.

Too many stars out there for another planet w/ life not to exist. To think we are alone is nieve to say the least. ;)

SR :)
  4. cycloneman

cycloneman Well-Known Member

OK a ufo is an unidentified flying object. Doesn't mean it's an alien craft or a ghost. Having said that I did see a ufo in New Mexico one year antelop hunting. It was strange, it looked like a huge happy birthday banner of sorts and changed color and dissapeared before my eyes. What was it? I don't have a clue and I don't care. I can't explane it and i am OK with that. I have learned that when I am in New Mexico I simply don't look up. :D:D:D:D
  5. gdmoody

gdmoody Moderator Supporting Member

I think I saw one at one time, too. It was about the time I finished the jug of Mr. Bennett's moonshine.
  6. Big ugly

Big ugly New Member

AHHHHHH mountain holy water. Good for degreasing engines, turning ordinary mild manored rednects into superman, makes your depth perception go to the pooper, and turns everone who drinks it into a scholar. Makes a wonderful paint thinner too.
  7. TranterUK

TranterUK Guest

Interesting subjects, both of them. My own view on the first is that there are clearly UFOs. People keep seeing flying objects they can't explane. Proof positive. Are they space beings? No.

Next, life elswhere? Despite my scientist friends insisting you can't do statistics on a sample of one, I think yes. But distance and time frame will keep us apart for a while yet.

Just my opinion though.
    Last edited by a moderator: Aug 24, 2009
  8. cycloneman

you missed one; works better than makeup for some women
  9. red14

red14 Active Member

I've seen two, once was with my wife (we both saw it), both in the late 70s. The one I saw without her, was just a big bright light, many miles away. It was in one spot, and then zip:eek:...... it sped to the other side of my field of view and stopped. It hovered, then sped away. Nothing moves that fast, not even now days.
  10. 308 at my gate

308 at my gate New Member

No I do not believe in UFO's or space aliens. I belive in a creator and the only other beings would be those that were created by that creator. I believe the bermuda triagle and crop circles are just smoke and mirrors.
  11. Suwannee Tim

Suwannee Tim New Member

I saw one the other day. It was rising from the ground trailing flame and smoke and then divided into three pieces, one of which kept going, the other two falling back to Earth. I called my wife on my cell phone and told her to come out and look. Yeah, the Space Shuttle she says.:confused::confused::confused::confused: Yeah......I says.
  12. red14

red14 Active Member

""I belive in a creator and the only other beings would be those that were created by that creator.""

I do too! He created everything.

I believe he created, what we call aliens, and wherever they come from.
  13. Tom Militano

Tom Militano New Member

I've seen two things, many years apart, that I couldn't identify in the sky. I don't know what they were, thus UFO's. Do I believe there is life in other places in the universe? Yes, I do. Have they been here? Who knows.
  14. cycloneman

15. pinecone70

pinecone70 Active Member

This subject is just like the bigfoot and the other cryptozoology animals, it would be difficult to prove they do not exist, based on all the sightings.
  16. jacksonco

jacksonco New Member

Here is my serious answer to your inquiry. I believe that there is or once was life in our universe that exists or existed since the creation or big band. I think that there is a high possibility that some life forms had a rudimentary level of intelligence. I also believe that there is or was a chance that life exists or existed that was of equal or greater intelligence than humans.

I don't believe that we are being visited by aliens from another planet,at least not since man appeared on earth in any form. It is possible that there were pre-human visitations but is is likely that those civilizations from which they belonged have long since been extinct.

I would give greater weight to having been visited by life forms from a parallel dimension or universe. For starters there would not be the astronomical distances and time requirement to overcome to make a visitation possible. We are technologically impaired from making a trans dimensional transference but beings from the other dimensions may have conquered the technology to do it. For them it may be travel through different dimensions would not require traveling long distances or time periods. It may be as simple as stepping into one room from another since different dimensions co-exist within the same space and time.

So as far as aliens from far off worlds showing up over cities and cornfields as UFOs it is more likely that those UFOs simply slipping silently though the night between existences. May sound like a lot of bull but it is what I believe. Think about it. Heaven and Hell are two very real places. We can't see them and we don't know where they are. But God and the Devil are both always very near us and continually are watching over us. Is it because both God and the Devil are occupying the same space as us but in two very different dimensions? It is more possible for an Angel or Demon to visit this world of ours than an alien from outer space and I fully believe that God and the Devil are watching over many more dimensions than our alone.

So this all being said it is not entirely off base that a being from a dimension other than our own has learned how to transverse between them.
  17. JohnnyLoco

JohnnyLoco New Member

I've never seen a UFO, but I know first hand of the existance of advanced craft and weapons that would make the world call "foul" if they were aknowledged. You think we have enemies now. We don't need oil anymore either. Its in our best interest to keep things conventional. I don't agree with it but I'm not a "power to be".

The current Air Force Doctrine is a direct result of this capability.

Johnny Loco USAF retired
    Last edited: Aug 24, 2009
  18. Tom Militano

Tom Militano New Member

Interesting answers, thanks. gdmoody, the one time I tried moonshine I couldn't see anything, so I know UFO's were out of the question.
  19. 358 winchester

358 winchester *TFF Admin Staff*

other than some women I have woke up beside I have never seen a UFO or a space alien. but some of them women could make a believer out of the normal man. Thank goodness that I am not a normal man :D
  20. Bobitis

Bobitis Guest

I, two brothers, and two cousins saw a couple 40 some years ago.
    No alcohol or drugs were involved.

My thoughts on UFO dynamics (humor me if you will).

Why sperical (round)?
    Least amount of resistance for sudden changes of movement.

Power? The best we (humans) have is nuclear. Surely, other species have differing power sources.

Construction?
    Spherical. Two opposing rings of rotation would provide stability and thrust at the same time. Exhaust vents would be used as directional devices. Electromagnetic fields would account for hovering capabilities within iron core planet atmospheres.

Top it off with a gyroscopically controled living/guidance interior, and BAM!
    UFO!

I'm not on meds, so I can't be off them.:p

If I can come up with this stuff, why can't the gubmint?:confused: