1. Get Gear'd Up! Enter to WIN $1000 in gear!

Please Click Here for full details and to enter. You will need to be registered and logged in to view the details and to participate.

Thanks and good luck to everyone

Setting your clock fast

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by Bigtire, Jan 7, 2005.

1. Bigtire

Bigtire New Member

My wife sets the clock in the bathroom 10 minutes fast. It is really a small insignificant thing, and irritates me more than it should. I am baffled by the reasoning behind it. She says it helps her to be on time in the morning. I say it forces me to do math in my head way too early in the day. I mean how can she fool herself into thinking that's what time it really is?

Does anyone else do this? And why?
  2. roboman

roboman New Member

I try to set mine only 3 or 4 minutes ahead so I won't notice so much. Seems to help me somewhat. 10 is a bit extreme though. Just my 2 cents. :eek:
  3. geezler

geezler New Member

My wife does the same thing. Her reasoning is "set it and forget it" and you won't be late. :)
  4. Redneck

Redneck New Member

I set all my clocks to the time clock at work which is 10 minutes fast :D
  5. 1952Sniper

1952Sniper New Member

My alarm clock is set about 5-6 minutes fast. It is just a mental thing. I like knowing that when I get up in the morning and take my shower, that I'll be just a few minutes ahead of schedule when I actually get in the car.
  6. mrs njretcop

mrs njretcop New Member

Guilty of setting the alarm clock in the bedroom fast. :eek: Same reason as 1952; I forget about the clock being fast and move myself a little faster in the morning.
  7. 358 winchester

358 winchester *TFF Admin Staff*

i just try to keep mine set to the correct time. :confused: I have enough things going on in life to think about without having to worry about what time it really is AM I LATE OR AM I EARLY :D
    Now where did I put that new gun I bought yesterday is much more important to me or Did I buy and pwder yet so I can make my reloader tired today?
  8. Pipskicks

Pipskicks New Member

I'm with you in that it is ridiculous and stupid. But I end up doing math early in the day because my work time-clock is rounded to the nearest 15 min. so I have to figure out how late I can come while still being on time :D
  9. 1952Sniper

1952Sniper New Member

But that's the whole point. If you just relax and assume that your clock is right, you'll always be early. No need for early morning math. It actually DECREASES stress levels.
  10. mr.pissypants

mr.pissypants New Member

I set my alarm clock fast but I do it so I have no idea just how many minutes ahead it is. Then when I wake up I still don't know what time it is, all I know is I am late for work!

This method works well especially when getting up for work with a hangover. :D
  11. BobbyWins

BobbyWins New Member

I don't think any two of "HER" clocks in "OUR" house are set to the "SAME" time,much less the "CORRECT" time. :(

The only clock that is the "CORRECT" time is "MY" alarm clock,which I never set anyway because I always wake up before it goes off. ;)

BW
  12. Crpdeth

Crpdeth Active Member

I set my alarm a few minutes early...It seems funny that so many people do it without knowing that others do, I like to be ahead of the game, maybe thats the type of people us clock setters are, GO GETTERS.

Yeah right :D
  13. bsally1

bsally1 New Member

That would drive me NUTS! How bout this. Dragging your rear out of bed on time. ;) It just encourages bad habits.
  14. BobbyWins

BobbyWins New Member

bsally1,
    I could not agree more!!

BW
  15. Craig

Craig New Member

My wife does it, too. Makes no sence to me.