Seven Days In...?

Discussion in 'The Fire For Effect and Totally Politically Incorr' started by nmckenzie, Nov 14, 2012.

1. nmckenzie

nmckenzie Well-Known Member

The Director of Central Intelligence, a retired USA four star general, falls on his sword over an extramarital affair, likely to prevent the administration's not-too-subtle attempt to influence his pending Benghazi testimony; a USMC four star general, on track to become commander of EUCOM, is outed as being embroiled in a sexting episode, which at least one news source has already labeled a "red herring"; Panetta and Clinton will be conveniently out of the country and unable to testify regarding their roles in the Benghazi disaster; a very left-leaning Senator is the likely nominee to be the next SECDEF, and if confirmed will probably gut our military capabilities to the same degree or worse than Carter did the intelligence community's; the US president has informed his Russian counterpart that he'll have "more flexibility" once reelected; domestic intelligence gathering and surveillance capabilities have increased exponentially; the calls for individual state secession are mounting...etc etc. Now I'm just a retired country gunsmith, but if I were a writer, these ingredients if properly mixed would make for an interesting novel.
  2. Insulation Tim

Insulation Tim Well-Known Member Supporting Member

And to think that the "Lion of the Left" Ted Slob Kennedy got away with what Petraus did for 50 years. And the General never got someone killed to save his hide.
  3. firefighter1635

firefighter1635 Well-Known Member

Interesting days were living in aren't they? I told my wife some of the crapola being shoveled by this administration would have gotten you called a tin foil hat wearer 10 years ago. This day and age not so much. :bleh:
  4. nmckenzie

nmckenzie Well-Known Member

Reminds me of the Chinese curse / proverb; "May you live in interesting times...". "Interesting" was also my Irish grandmother's usual observation whenever some calamity occurred. We are indeed living in interesting times.