Several Requests

Discussion in 'The Ask the Pros & What's It Worth? Forum' started by Sorrowful Jones, Jan 8, 2011.

1. Sorrowful Jones

Sorrowful Jones New Member

I apologize in advance for asking for more than one value at a time but I have an opportunity to purchase some weapons and I thought it best to list all of them in one post. Any help would be appreciated. Just a price range is ok.

1. Winchester Model 94 (30.30) serial 6060477. I know there are many different versions of this gun but it appears to be a "standard" . Has no checkering, but it does have a small ring loop on the right side of the receiver. Appears to be about 95%.

2. M1 Garand. Springfield. Serial 1088878. Looks to be in super-great shape. Almost too good. I have no other information.

3. colt Single Action Frontier Scout .22. Serial number 132663F. Blue with staglite grips. about 95%

4. Navy Armory Co. (Copy of an 1851 Colt) Made in Italy. Blued with a brass frame. Serial number 16486. 95% or better.

THANK YOU for any help.
    Sorrowful Jones
  2. todd51

todd51 Well-Known Member

Well Sorrowful here are some "quesses" and they may be sorrowful too as not much info to go on and most of these guns have variants that can greatly effect value. I am assuming nothing special about any of the these guns. Here is my guess.

1. Win. Mod. 94 SRC VG condition + or - $400.00
    2. Springfield Inc M1 Garand VG condition + or - $700.00
    3. Colt Frontier Scout VG condition + or - $375.00
    4. Navy Arms 1851 Navy Colt repro. VG condition + or - $200.00
  3. Jim K

Jim K New Member

The M1 would go for about $100 more in this area; the others are about on target.

Note that the values given are retail prices, not what you would get from a dealer.

Jim
  4. old semperfi

old semperfi New Member

i live in southern indiana,old country boy at hear
    i take it your buying these in group,be very careful,a lot of times guns are sold together to get rid of them quick.i would make sure the deals arent too good if you know what i mean.if you do not know them get ids and document the sale along with a written bill of sale............the prices above are pretty accurate. old semperfi
  5. Sorrowful Jones

Sorrowful Jones New Member

Thanks everyone for the info. Yes it is the lot of guns for sale. Older widowed lady type thing. Even so, I will do a written bill of sale, as well as run them on TCIC/NCIC for stolen. Thanks again.
  6. Alpo

Alpo Well-Known Member

I think your guesstimate for a brass-framed Italian Colt-copy is high. Way high. Maybe 75 bucks. No way 200. For the other three, yeah, you're in the ballpark.