Shame on Texas Democrats!!!

Discussion in 'The Constitutional & RKBA Forum' started by 1952Sniper, May 12, 2003.

1. 1952Sniper

1952Sniper New Member

I can't believe the childishness of this....

52 of the 62 Democrats in the Texas Legislature walked out today, in order to block a Republican move for re-districting. The Democrats do not have enough members to block the move. So rather than lose, they are taking their toys and going home. This prevents a quorum from being able to act on anything.

In other words, they know the Republicans can beat them in this effort, so rather than face an actual vote, they are walking out. They are violating the very principles of representative government!

Last I heard on the radio, state troopers have been called out to find them and drag them back to the capitol. Many of them are leaving the state to avoid arrest.

Is this the new face of the Democratic Party? Is this the kind of tactics they are using now? What would happen if they did this at the national level? Can you imagine the chaos?
  2. armedandsafe

armedandsafe Guest

Was it Will Rogers or Mark Twain who said the only time we are safe is when the congress-critters ARN'T in session? :D

This is taking filiuster to a new level. It is bad enough when Senators conspire to evade their constitutional responsibilities to act on Presidential nominees, but this might be the beginning of the end for the Democrats. If this tactic spreads, we might see a run on Libertarian party memberships. Democrats move to the Republican party to evade the stigma, and Republicans move to the Libertarian party to avoid the contamination?
  3. 1952Sniper

1952Sniper New Member

:p contamination, LOL!!! :D :D
  4. Gunfyter

Gunfyter New Member

A sad day...

indeed when "Representative Government" stoops to this level of childishness. If I were a Texas resident I would be outraged. In the next general election. there should be some changes made.
  5. Zigzag2

Zigzag2 Guest

ALERT

to whom it may concern...

our political gene pool needs a SHOCK treatment! :D
  6. 1952Sniper

1952Sniper New Member

Hmm, here's an idea. It just so happens that there are 52 Democrats missing. There are 52 cards in your standard deck of playing cards.

Is it time for yet another deck of cards of "wanted" men and women? That would be pretty funny to see a deck of cards like the Iraqi fugitives, only with Texas Democrats on them.
  7. Zigzag2

Zigzag2 Guest

8. inplanotx

inplanotx New Member

Good idea Sniper. We need more targets! :D :D :D
  9. ruffitt

ruffitt *TFF Admin Staff* In Heaven Now

If, indeed, they did run out in order to block a Republican move for re-districting this should be the last time they do this. I would hope someone, somehwere in the Lone Star State, would be starting a recall petition to get these irresponsisble yahoos out of office.
  10. armedandsafe

armedandsafe Guest

I really like the idea of the cards. Are their pictures available on the net. Graphics of the cards are. Someone who is swifty with the graphics program could do a little cut and paste, and voila!!!! There are a number of places where we could post them.

BEG :D :p
  11. 1952Sniper

1952Sniper New Member

Update: as of last night, I heard it was 56 of them. And they're hiding out in Ardmore, Oklahoma. What a bunch of losers. This REALLY angers me....

Not only have they hijacked the legislative process, but they have made a mockery of it. This goes against everything that a representative government stands for. The people elected enough Republicans to outweight the Democrats. So, by leaving, the Democrats have usurped power. They can prevent the will of the people from being done. They ought to be not only removed from office, but tried as criminals. That's exactly what they are. They are not only preventing the redistricting process from happening, but there are several other key issues that are now at risk because of their stunt.

And the really sad part is, I seem to be the only one who is upset by this. Everybody else thinks it's just some sort of game, or just a slight amusement. But to me, this is a sign that our government is falling apart. When the men who were elected by the people refuse to even go to work, in order to prevent the elected majority from making progress, the system has fallen apart.
  12. Gunfyter

Gunfyter New Member

Yep, they've been taking lessons from the Democraps in Washington. Has the lynching party started yet? With the uproar cause by the Dixie Twits, talk radio down Texas way ought to be hopping.
    Last edited: May 14, 2003
  13. warpig

warpig Guest

This is simply amazing. I hope the good folks of Texas will not stand up for it. Every single one of them should be removed from office.

I thought I had it bad with Daschle.
  14. outdoortexas

outdoortexas New Member

You're not alone sniper! The Gov. and Speaker are pretty upset about it as well.

Should/could get interesting 'fore it's over.
  15. inplanotx

inplanotx New Member

We need to get a recall petition going and recall every one of those damn idiots.
  16. outdoortexas

outdoortexas New Member

This group might be able to help, never seen so many Texans at one forum.

Course our problem is we (most of us) didn't put them in office anyway. I only voted for one D anyway!
  17. inplanotx

inplanotx New Member

I think we need to get everyone together and go sit on the border in our vehicles and wait for them to cross back into Texas. Then we can guide the Troopers right to 'em on our cell phones.
  18. outdoortexas

outdoortexas New Member

News I heard late last night was the DPS boys were going to the motel to dicuss the situation with them. Haven't had the telly on today.

Sure hope the general public gets upset, but then again the D's may all be enjoying our outrage.
  19. 1952Sniper

1952Sniper New Member

Well, that's the problem.... the districts they represent are probably Democrat-controlled, and they're laughing about it. Since I didn't vote these jokers into office, I can't take them out. That's why I think the legal avenues should be explored. There's gotta be some type of crime here. It would be one thing if a guy just happened to not come to work that day. It happens. But this was a carefully orchestrated event designed to seize power from the Republicans at a critical time.

If they don't resolve the redistricting issue by Thursday, it dies.

I would be just as appalled if it had been Republicans that did this. So it's not necessarily the party affiliation that I have a problem with. It's the fact that they are misusing their office. The minority is preventing the majority from taking any action. They are subverting the will of the People of Texas and THAT PISSES ME OFF.

I think they should be dragged back to Texas in handcuffs, stripped of their office, charged with every offense we can throw at them, and then publicly flogged and spat on.

I hesitate to use this term because it's so overdone these days, but in my mind this is political terrorism. Their goal is to disrupt progress in order to call attention to their whiny problems. Bastards.....

Can you tell I'm upset by this?
  20. Guest

Guest Guest

Ya know - seems I remember your texicans used to have a simple remedy for hoss thieves, swindlers, crooked politicans, and so forth. Forget yer upbringin'???:p