1. Get Gear'd Up! Enter to WIN $1000 in gear!

Please Click Here for full details and to enter. You will need to be registered and logged in to view the details and to participate.

Thanks and good luck to everyone

Sharps Rifle sighting in

Discussion in 'Black Powder Shooting / Muzzleloaders / Handguns' started by lthome5, May 12, 2008.

1. lthome5

lthome5 New Member

I am new to black powder cartridge rifle shooting. I have a C. Sharps .45-70 1874 rifle that I plan to take on a bison hunt. I need help with sighting in. I have a mid range Soule sight. My barrel length is 30 in and my sight radius is 34.5 inches. If I sight it in at 100 yards, and I want to hit the bulls eye at 300 yards, how do I adjust the sight? Also, if I am, let's say 2 inches low at 300 yards, how do I make an adjustment on the sight to bring it up the desiried 2 inches? Please help. I am new to black powder cartridge shooting.