She WAS Right all along !!!!!!

Discussion in 'The Constitutional & RKBA Forum' started by Marlin, Jun 7, 2011.

1. Marlin

Marlin *TFF Admin Staff Chief Counselor*

Love Wesley Pruden's column this morning. See it below - - -

She gets it right, You betcha

By Wesley Pruden on June 7, 2011

Sarah Palin is the hottest act in town, and the critics can only grind their teeth. She’s playing the media like a violin, though the likes of Chris Matthews and Maureen Dowd look more like bass fiddles.

Her “secret” bus tour of America is a secret so closely held that she travels in a Greyhound-sized monster decorated with her name and an American flag the size of a barn. The lady who was mocked by the wisenheimers for saying she could see Russia from her backyard in Alaska now sees revenge through the windshield of her bus.

The media’s Gaffe Patrol, ever on the scout for mistakes, errors, blunders, slips of the tongue and other erratum the patrollers think they see in our pols, pounced on the lady the other day in Boston for “mangling” the story of the midnight ride of Paul Revere. She had recounted the story that Paul Revere warned the British when every man riding in the press caravan was sure it wasn’t the British he warned, but patriots.

[​IMG]

The great media ha-ha chorus jeered Miss Sarah for days. She felt the need to try to explain. “Part of his ride,” she told Fox News on Sunday, “was to warn the British who were already there. ‘That, hey! You’re not going to succeed. You’re not going to take American arms.’”

This makes perfect sense to the Americans she speaks to, but to the press claque this was only further proof that Miss Sarah was the usual Republican moron. She obviously hadn’t mastered American history in elementary school—indeed, she didn’t even get her diploma in the Ivy League.

Only now it turns out that she was right about Paul Revere’s midnight ride and the press claque was wrong. Even the professors say so, though they’re grudging to the point of churlishness. “Basically,” says Brendan McConville, a history professor at Boston University, “when Paul Revere was stopped by the British, he did say to them, ‘Look, there is a mobilization going on that you’ll be confronting.’” Revere, an honest tradesman, probably didn’t employ “professor-speak” in the heat of the moment, with words like “mobilization” and “confronting,” but we can take the point. In the account of the most famous midnight ride in American history, the professor says, “the British are aware as they’re marching down the countryside they hear church bells ringing—she was right about that—and warning shots being fired. That’s accurate.”

Patrick Leehey of the Paul Revere House in Boston says the midnight rider was probably bluffing his Redcoat captors, so maybe it could be construed that Revere was in fact warning the British. “But I don’t know if that’s really what Mrs. Palin was referring to.” Prof. McConville was even less gracious conceding that Mrs. Palin had got it right. He wouldn’t concede that her remarks were based on scholarship. No Ph.D, no tenure for her. “I would call her lucky in her comments.” The rest of us would call her correct, but that’s just how professors think. Though not all. “It seems to be a historical fact that it happened [her way],” says William Jacobson, a law professor at Cornell. “A lot of the criticism [of Sarah Palin] is unfair and made by people who are themselves ignorant of history.”

Nobody knows exactly what Mrs. Palin is up to; the smart money, which is often wrong, says she isn’t actually running for president, that she’s only having a little fun teasing the liberals who wet their pants at the mere mention of her name. Too bad if she doesn’t run, because she’s by far the most entertaining politician on the scene. The media story line is that she’s not smart enough to be president, that her “mangling” of history proves it.

But from the looks of the chaos that Barack Obama has made of the economy, she apparently knows more about history than the president knows about economics (and the concerns of the people in Mr. Obama’s “57 states”).

Sarah Palin has hardly been scratched by the shot and shell showered on her since she streaked like a rocket across the landscape three years ago. She has a gift for feeling the love and expressing the enthusiasm Americans feel in their bones for their God and their country. For all his cool dispassion and occasional eloquence, it’s a gift the president doesn’t have.
  2. carver

carver Moderator

DAV, Deep in the Pineywoods of East Texas, just we
    I would almost be willing to bet that "warning the British" was a planned statement to get the media going about how stupid she is, and then dropping the bomb on them that history proves her right! Don't sell this woman short!
  3. Zhurh

Zhurh Active Member

Ya know, I've actually talked to Sarah a bunch of times over the years living here in Alaska. She's for real all right and one of the few politicals I would trust. She made some mistakes over the years too, but far fewer than most of them in her profession and she always based her judgment on what furthers good responsible cost efficient government. She also doesn't always go with what the Repubs tell her, quite a good thing actually. I've seen her do so many things that benefited Alaskans, you'd think she was a dem but they always proved up in the end. Oil profits allowed much of the spending actually; but she never let the Repubs give it all to their big money buddies. I could go on and tell local stories that would make you think she was wonder woman but won't.

I last talked to her about 2 years back when she visited our community after we had an ice out flood that washed away half the cabins. Hadn't seen her for 5 years and she remembered the wife and I. I had a bag of moose jerky and gave it to her; she pulled out a piece and started chewing on it; pretty common down to earth, unlike so many other politicals, no joke. When she came up here after flood, she wanted to go out and visit the local Indians, road was washed away and Indians & Whites live in separate communities. So she jumped on a borrowed 4 wheeler and headed out this mud bog winch time trail all by herself, pretty cool ole girl; not your everyday governor. I heard she was covered with mud head to toe when the Indians saw her; they kinda liked that touch.

Anyway, she was the best governor I've ever seen up here and ran cost benefit analysis on everything. Alaskans all wish she was back in charge, cause it's back to normal with corruption since she left, Heck, ole Palin sent a bunch of them crooked Repubs off to the big house. Parnell's letting them outta jail and back into govt.

Palin be another Reagen actually, she'd make the big changes necessary and got a good sense of what will work and is good for America. If she ever gets in, you'd see a pres that gets alot of dem support and is more effective than most due to that support. They may hate her now, but it will all change when they see her support things that are good for all of America and dems too. no joke.

And remember, Palin is just like you and me. I've ran into her on snowmachines, at fairs, at the grocery store, and talked to her all the time at legislative office years ago. Her family has been through everything, I mean more than any of you have heard about and they have survived and got stronger. She's the best. Take a look at her record as Mayor & Governor; she accomplished way more than any other in that office. Tells ya a little about her makeup inside.

LIke Crocket said: Look at all those big man out there, all on the outside, none on the in.
  4. Bobitis

Bobitis Guest

I really like the lady, but I'm still undecided. I do like what she's done for Alaska.

Unfortionately, the media has villified her to the point that her running would assure Obie another 4 years.

We are no longer a thinking population. We are an a assimilating population. We are the Borg.

We've created a monster that won't be satisfied until we're all consumed.
  5. Carne Frio

Carne Frio Member

Guess what ? You CAN see Russia from Alaska. Little Diomede Island
    is U.S. Big Diomede Island is Russia. They are just a couple of miles
    apart. Even a democRAT can see that far. Both islands are inhabited
    and the people on both islands are mostly related to each other.

http://www.worldatlas.com/aatlas/infopage/diomede.gif
  6. Warith

Warith Member

I like Palin I have yet to find anything she has said to not be true.

She has family problems dont we all. She stumbled over some questions early in the race what has the terrorist said with out the mighty teleprompter?
  7. Double D

Double D Administrator Staff Member Supporting Member

I have said this before and I will say it again. Not many people survive a full bore attack by the george soros machine. Sarah not only survived it, she turned it around on him. Just when they thought they had her down by causing bankruptcy to defend herself and the money the taxpayers were spending to protect her would have eventually turned her people against her, she gave up the post of Gov. and that stopped the frivolous law suits and then she wrote a book and made millions. While people critisized her for "quitting" her position, it was actually a brilliant move that saved the tax payers a pile of money and saved her family from financial ruin.

Sarah is just like me and you. I could care less what school she graduated from or how much education she has. I dont care if she cant answer a history question or any question the left wing lunatics want to throw at her. She is real. She is for the people. She is a patriot. She would shake up washington. She has my support if she runs. I would love to see her and bachmann on the same ticket. I want one of US in office! Not some life long washington insider that is setting themself up for fame and fortune. No, I will take the lady that rubbed mud in george soros eyes and came out smelling like a rose. I will take Sarah Palin for president anyday.
  8. Hawg

Hawg Active Member

You and me both.:cool:
  9. Gun Geezer

Gun Geezer Active Member

+2
  10. Hatch

Hatch Former Guest

The things "she said that weren't true" were not HER SAYING THEM! but rather political attacks, racial attacks, and personal attacks on her family that the media and entertainment industry used as traction to leverage themselves at her expense, regardless that what they were saying was in fact LIES, and what she said was TRUE.

I like what she says, I'm still not convinced she's who I'd like in that office, but she's able to piss off the liberals like nobody else on the planet and thats pretty cool, and since the Repubs arent trying to run anyone that actually has a clue (except possibly Pawlenty... we'll see how that goes)

If she were to win, it wont be 4 more years of bs, but will we be so far in over our heads that even a real conservative could turn it around?
  11. john_bud

john_bud New Member

Palin scares the Demoncarps because if elected she would actually work to SHRINK the size of government.

Not nearly as much as I would if I was President, but she would still work to shrink it.
  12. Caneman

Caneman Active Member

Sarah Palin 1
    Mainstream Media 0
  13. 45nut

45nut Active Member

+ 1,000,000

My brother-in-law thinks she puts her foot in her mouth all the time. I think he takes these stances just to make me mad.

I do know that if she should run and get the nomination and gets to go head to head against Obozo, she will mop the floor with him because she will be able to talk about her record, and will be in position to directly question and remind Obozo of HIS record and make the lame stream media report what she says on issues.

I just hope she doesn't team up with "Adios Mofo" RINO Rick Perry.
  14. Double D

How about palin and bachmann?
  15. Zhurh

Zhurh Active Member

45, I have the same kind of brotherin law. I just always remind him that his sister has been a Reg Repub since she met me 26 years ago.

The wifey's other brother was the pres of his teachers union and also a history teacher, boy did we go around the coffee table and he was well armed concerning his version of history. His only daughter married a Mennonite, not known to be of the liberal mindset you know. Miles of fun & games.

I always remind them I know much more concerning Palin than they could ever learn; watching & talking to her over the last 20 years here in Alaska; they just yell into the phone; I win.
  16. Caneman

Caneman Active Member

palin/bachman would be good... but the one that i wouldn't mind is palin/haley... i am ready for two women in there but not sure the rest of the country is
  17. Hawg

Hawg Active Member

I'd like to see Palin and Condy Rice but that's not gonna happen.
  18. Double D

Allen west and herman cain?
  19. Jim K

Jim K New Member

Sorry, but Palin wasn't really "right", if you mean correct on the Revere story.

Revere's mission was to ride to Lexington to warn Sam Adams and John Hancock that the regulars were on their way, and warn militia units along the way, ending up in Concord. He succeeded in his task at Lexington, but was captured before he got to Concord. He was released but his horse was taken and that ended the famous "ride." (Others reached Concord with the warning.)

(Edited) Revere did tell his captors that he had aroused the countryside and that 500 militia would be out (a severe security breach, of course), but that certainly was not part of his mission, which was to warn the militia, not the regulars. He may have been trying to frighten the officers, a typical civilian ploy which no professional military officer would have accepted at face value.

Jim
    Last edited: Jun 15, 2011
  20. 45nut

45nut Active Member

LOOK HERE

From the article: Here's a more elaborate telling by a historian, which spells it out rather clearly.

Revere and Dawes then headed for Concord and came across Doctor Prescott who then joined them. They decided to alarm every house along the way.

Just outside of the town of Lincoln, they were confronted by 4 Regulars at another road block. They tried unsuccessfully to run their horses through them. Prescott, who was familiar with the terrain, jumped a stone wall and escaped. Revere and Dawes tried to escape and shortly into the chase they were confronted by 6 more regulars on horseback. Revere was surrounded and taken prisoner. Dawes got away as they were taking Revere into custody.

The British officers began to interrogate Revere, whereupon Revere astonished his captors by telling them more than they even knew about their own mission. (HA!) He also told them that he had been warning the countryside of the British plan and that their lives were at risk if they remained in the vicinity of Lexington because there would soon be 500 men there ready to fight. Revere, of course, was bluffing.

The Regulars had Revere remount his horse and they headed toward Lexington Green, when suddenly, they heard a gunshot! Revere told the British officer that the shot was a signal "to alarm the country!". Now the British troops were getting very nervous ....

A few minutes later, they were all startled to hear the heavy crash of an entire volley of musketry from the direction of Lexington's meeting house and then the Lexington town bell began clanging rapidly! Jonathan Loring, a Lexington resident captured earlier, turned to his captors and shouted "The bell's a' ringing! The town's alarmed, and you're all dead men!"

The British officers then talked urgently among themselves and decided to release their captives so as they would not slow their retreat.

Naw, she was right dude. You're thinking of the poem, Paul Revere's Ride.