Sheriff sued over denial of CCW and...you'll love this!

Discussion in 'The Constitutional & RKBA Forum' started by jeepix, Jul 18, 2010.

1. jeepix

jeepix New Member

This guy sued a Sheriff over being denied a CCW. The judge not only saw no reason why the guy should be denied the CCW, but ordered the Sheriff to take a college level course about the Constitution!

Read it! It's hilarious! :)

Iowa Judge - CCW
  2. Zane71464

Zane71464 Well-Known Member

What's up with that Sheriff? Maybe he had a personal vendetta with this guy
    or something...but in any case, good for the gun owner and a humiliating lesson
    for Mr. Sheriff!
  3. lawdawg

lawdawg Member

The sheriff denied the guy his second amendment rights because he exercised his first amendment rights! Funny how the judge was so concerned about his first amendment rights (freedom of speech) being violated, but never mentioned the second amendment (right to bear arms) being violated. I applaud the judge, but at the same time wonder why some judges, legislators, and politicians pick and choose which parts of the Constitution they want to acknowledge and which parts they want to ignore.
  4. NRA_guy

NRA_guy Member

Federal District Judge Mark Bennett for Supreme Court.

PS: lawdawg -
    Judges (most ALL judges) get the feeling that they are God. They have absolute authority and power. I have seen it in City Court judges, County judges and all the way up to the Supreme Court.

They routinely decide up front how they will rule (based upon personal prejudices or who's paying them under the table), and then they come up with some rationalization for their "ruling".

If it appears to you that I have no respect for judges, you got it right.
  5. Zane71464

Zane71464 Well-Known Member

If it appears to you that I have no respect for judges, you got it right.[/QUOTE]

If ever in the presence of one, ya might wanna re-consider.
    I got pulled over on a crotch rocket (Kal-500) and my tags were expired
    that very day and I didnt realize that til I saw lights behind me...anyway,
    I went to court and "TRIED" explaining to "Da Judge" just what the deal was......he ended up yelling at me as he ordered me out of his court room as I was headed off to pay the fine!:(:mad::eek::rolleyes:
    Last edited: Jul 18, 2010
  6. carver

carver Moderator

DAV, Deep in the Pineywoods of East Texas, just we

I also noticed how concerned this Judge was with the plaintifs 1st ammendment rights, and almost totally disreguarded his 2nd ammendment rights. As to any fines, or putting up with a mess of stupidity, I will pay the fine, along with the contempt fine, and have done so. I will not be talked down to, nor will I put up with an idiot, even if he is a Judge. I called one a fool in court once, and paid the fine for contempt, and will do it again if I feel it necessary. I to have little respect for Judges, and for most LEO's. I will be respectfull as long as I can be, but they had better not disrespect me. I won't tolorate it! No matter what they think, they are not better than I am. Nor are they any better than anyone else. They are just people.
    Last edited: Jul 18, 2010
  7. wpage

wpage Active Member

Too bad more folks wont take on authority when they are wronged.
  8. dbrodin

dbrodin New Member

More detail Here

Dale
  9. Bobitis

Bobitis Guest

Interesting link d. I'll let ya'll form your own opinions.
  10. NRA_guy

NRA_guy Member

You see, liberals want EVERYTHING nailed down to the smallest issue so there is no subjective decision making by anyone.

Until they get a ruling that they disagree with.

Then they want subjectivity allowed.

The guy protested abortion, asked for and got the sheriff’s policy and procedure manual, and [gasp!] wrote letters to the editor.

They should lock him up.

He is obviously a threat to society.
  11. Bobitis

Bobitis Guest

Here's the deal.
    The Sheriff is a republican.
    He wants to deny a protester at an abortion clinic his right to own a firearm?

Don't make sense to me.:confused:

I'd like to see more. Something ain't right here. :rolleyes:
  12. belercous

belercous Former Guest

The Sheriff did not deny the applicant his 2A rights. The 2nd does not yey apply to CC. Please read Heller & McDonald. Do not read anything into them, but read them critically.
    The Sheriff denied the application on 1st Amen. grounds. Big Difference. (I wondered how this made it to federal court. Then I researched it.)
  13. brucedeuce

brucedeuce New Member

I applaud the decision, however he should have stripped the Sherriff of his duty given his hostility or ignorance of his oath of office.
  14. Old Grump

Old Grump New Member

Little hut in the woods near Blue River Wisconsin
    How can you uphold the constitution and defend it if you don't know what it says or believe in it. Sheriff lied when he was sworn in.
  15. Terry_P

Terry_P New Member

At the federal level, yet. We haven't gotten to the "bear arms" part. At the state level about 10-15% might not fully agree with you.
  16. red14

red14 Active Member

I agree.;)

Welcome to the forum.
  17. ChrisJ

ChrisJ New Member

hehe I love it when the good guys win
  18. hogger129

hogger129 Active Member

I agree with this judge's decision.

Since when can you be denied a CCW based on "political grounds?"

I agree. The Sheriff should have been fired. What says he won't just take the course or whatever and then turn around and do it again?
  19. hogger129

hogger129 Active Member

No he also denied him his Second Amendment rights.

"Right to keep and BEAR arms shall not be infringed."

Having and carrying a weapon as a tool of self-preservation is what the Second Amendment is all about. Therefore, the right to carry a concealed weapon is granted to us by the Constitution, therefore we should not have to obtain "permission" from anybody to exercise our Constitutional right.

You can also apply it to the right to life, liberty and the pursuit of happiness as you need a weapon to defend your life, your liberty and your property. And then the Fourth Amendment could come in because the Fourth Amendment was all about protecting peoples' privacy and property rights.
    Last edited: Sep 7, 2010