Shipping Handguns.......

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by muley, Oct 18, 2005.

1. muley

muley New Member

I need some help in convincing a buddy who lives in Arizona that he simply can't wrap up a Cowboy Action Revolver and mail it to a dealer in Santa Anna, California for an action job.
    The dealer has him convinced he doesn't need to go from a ffl dealer and can simply mail it if it is going in for repairs. I'm trying to show him that California is a different country with different rules then other states.

I used to have the websites bookmarked that I needed for the info on this until my old computer exploded due to too many Spongebob Squarepants
    games played on it........no, not me, the granddaughters.

Anyway, if you could please provide me with some easy to read rules for sending in handguns for repairs, I would appreciate it very much.
    muley
  2. 1952Sniper

1952Sniper New Member

Actually, I believe he's correct. If he's a nonlicensee, he may ship it to an FFL for repairs. It need not go FFL to FFL. It just needs to go TO an FFL.

However, the US Mail is not the way to do it. He can only ship it via UPS or FedEx 2nd day air or faster. Handguns are not mailable by a non-FFL.

http://www.atf.gov/firearms/faq/faq2.htm#b8
  3. muley

muley New Member

That's just the kind of info that I was looking for. :) Thanks a bunch...... :D :D
    muley
  4. glocknut

glocknut New Member

Oh yeah....likely story Muley....we know you were the one playing the Sponge Bob games....fess up !!!!! :D :D :D :D

mike
    gn