Shipping parts to Austria?

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by richbug, Jan 9, 2005.

1. richbug

richbug New Member

I sold a shotgun stock on ebay, and even though I said no foreign bidders, a fella from Austria won it. Normally I would have told him no, but he bid a really extraordinary amount for something I was gonna throw out. The money would be nice. Anybody know what the rules are on this?

Thanks,

rich
  2. HerbyJr

HerbyJr New Member

Did you quote a shipping price in the auction listing? Did you say no foreign bidders? Both of these questions determine how you handle it. If you didn't quote a shipping price, just figure out what it will cost to ship it to him and add it on to his bid price. If you said no foreign bidders, point that out to him, and tell him that you will gladly send it to him, but the shipping cost will be higher than your originally quoted amount...etc.

I did the same thing with bike parts that sold to Puerto Rico. I said contiguous states only and I had a quoted shipping price. When he won the auction, I pointed out the "48 only" in the listing and told him shiping would be $7 more than what I originally quoted. He had no problems with that and sent the $7. Everyone was happy. Good luck.

H.
  3. dongizmo

dongizmo New Member

4. Mabooger

Mabooger New Member

Richbug - the way I read th post you are concerned about international shipping laws :confused:
    I believe the USPS site has them listed & if not your post office would know - just ask questions at a different one than you will be shipping from. Just in case you have to list it as a walking stick :rolleyes: to make it legal :eek:
  5. Mabooger

Mabooger New Member

great minds think alike :D
  6. Pabooger

Pabooger New Member

Why didn't I think of that!!! :eek: :rolleyes:
  7. richbug

richbug New Member

Thanks for the direction Dongizmo... I wouldn't consider this a weapon, and it doesn't say anything about parts of weapons. Just to be safe I am going to call it "injection molded plastic machine parts". Not really that big of a stretch.

thanks much,

rich

Ps, If it was wood, I was thinking of calling it "scrimshaw art" or "Art carvings", but I suppose a walking stick would have worked.
  8. dongizmo

dongizmo New Member

Your welcome. I read it like you do, it is not a weapon, just plastic parts. :D
    USPS is the best for shipping small packages, (under 50 lbs) otherwise broker fees will kill ya!
    Don