The Firearms Forum banner

Shirt Pattern Concealment

2K views 10 replies 9 participants last post by  steve666 
#1 ·
which type of NON Hawaiian shirt pattern would offer the most concealment for CCW using an OWB holster?

solids?, stripes?, plaids?, other?

#3 ·
Tie dyed?
Seriously any pattern on a loose fitting shirt should suffice

#4 ·
For IWB, it depends on the holster. My Crossbreed holds my pistol nice and tight to my body. On the other hand, my Milt Sparks tends to stick out more. With the Crossbreed I can conceal it under a white t-shirt but I need something more with the MS.

For OWB, I would generally agree with Piney. Find a pattern that's not a solid. Also consider at least a medium weight fabric. A longer shirt tail would be helpful too.

John

#5 ·
i normally wear solid colors and conceal pretty well in an owb holster but i would think plaid would be the best. besides.. a plaid shirt screams axe instead of gun

#10 ·
For me, dark colors (black, navy blue, etc.) work the best. Some type of pattern is helpful, but I found that the pattern doesn't have to be obvious. I've got several polos that have a more visible knit than others. The knit pattern is enough to make concealment noticeably better. It's subtle, but it works.

As Bubblehead said, go with longer shirttails for an OWB carry.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.