Shooting a 300 RUM!!! WHOO!

Discussion in 'Large-Bore/Small-Bore Rifle/Shotgun' started by Tony22-250, Jun 1, 2010.

1. Tony22-250

Tony22-250 New Member

2. rglbegl

rglbegl New Member

Nice vids.
    My main range gun is a 300winmag and it kicks pretty fierce. A lot of my buddies don't enjoy it.
    I know the ultra is a bit stronger, so I can imagine the first few rounds threw it are brutal.
    Once you get used to it, they are not that bad. But when you go from a small caliber to a 300 mag, it is a bit of a shock.
  3. TheGunClinger

TheGunClinger Well-Known Member Supporting Member

Cool videos. When I first saw this thread I thought you were talking about bowling. I know, Duh. I did see a guy in a bowling tournament get a 301.
  4. Double Deuce

Double Deuce New Member

I ported my 300 win mag, now I can shot a whole box and not feel it, loud as hell though.
  5. gunplumber

gunplumber New Member

6. old semperfi

old semperfi Active Member

i live in southern indiana,old country boy at hear
    if your ever in indiana give me a holler,ill let you fire a few rounds from either my 458 win mag or my single shot steel butt plated h&r 45/70 loaded with 505 grain bullets and specs almost the same as 458 win mag.i think you will be able to say you really know what recoil is. old semperfi
  7. Big ugly

Big ugly New Member

That aint no joke on the 458. I fired one from the prone position and the scope caught me in the eye. I split the skin and tha damn thing swelled shut and was black for almost a month. I was 16, and inexperienced to real Hi Po rifles. Up until I shot the 458 the biggest thing I fired was a 308 in savage trim.