The Firearms Forum banner

Shooting a 300 RUM!!! WHOO!

2K views 6 replies 7 participants last post by  Big ugly 
#1 ·
My Friend Craigs New toy! (Remington 700 26" Millet TRS 4-16x50 300 Rem Ultra Mag 91gr of powder pushing 147grners at 3400 FPS!)

This thing kicks like a mule! I still feel it in my shoulder.

#2 ·
Nice vids.
My main range gun is a 300winmag and it kicks pretty fierce. A lot of my buddies don't enjoy it.
I know the ultra is a bit stronger, so I can imagine the first few rounds threw it are brutal.
Once you get used to it, they are not that bad. But when you go from a small caliber to a 300 mag, it is a bit of a shock.

#6 ·
if your ever in indiana give me a holler,ill let you fire a few rounds from either my 458 win mag or my single shot steel butt plated h&r 45/70 loaded with 505 grain bullets and specs almost the same as 458 win mag.i think you will be able to say you really know what recoil is. old semperfi

#7 ·
if your ever in indiana give me a holler,ill let you fire a few rounds from either my 458 win mag or my single shot steel butt plated h&r 45/70 loaded with 505 grain bullets and specs almost the same as 458 win mag.i think you will be able to say you really know what recoil is. old semperfi
That aint no joke on the 458. I fired one from the prone position and the scope caught me in the eye. I split the skin and tha damn thing swelled shut and was black for almost a month. I was 16, and inexperienced to real Hi Po rifles. Up until I shot the 458 the biggest thing I fired was a 308 in savage trim.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.