Shooting at 100 Yards

Discussion in '.22-Rimfire Forum' started by keppler, Jun 5, 2003.

1. keppler

keppler New Member

I tried some 100 yard shooting last weekend and was sorta suprised at the effects. I picked up some CCI Velocitors to try at the longer range. When I was shooting I noticed that I could actually see several of the shells just before they hit the target. I tried these thru 2 different rifles, both of them in excellent shape...except for the guy shootin them... and was suprised at this. I have a 14 power scope on one and a 12 power scope on the other.
    Mostly what I was wondering is what kind of shells do ya think would do good at 100 yards?
    By the way....I didnt do very good. :(
  2. corpis66

corpis66 New Member

no expert here but...

i think you may wanna try several different types of ammo for your particular gun...one of mines loves federal gold match...and the other loves that cheap remmy stuff...so it all kinna depends on the gun itself. but i'd try federals first
    hope this helps.
  3. Smokin Guns

Smokin Guns New Member

Hey Kep!

I would'a reckoned with your shootin' prowess, that'd be a question I would be asking of you!...now I reckon' we're both going to have to ask around... [​IMG]
  4. z537z

z537z New Member

hmm

A lot of rounds list their drop rate (ie X inches/50 yards or 100 yards). Really the best round you'd want is a standard velocity like Green Tags, or some target ammo. Cheaper stuff that works is Federal for me, it's the best cheapo round I've tried, but then guns differ, right? Still I say Federal all the way. Listed the reasons on "Leetle Shooters 2." I can get 1 inch 50 yard groups with it out of my Romanian, good enough for me!

I know you're thinking faster rounds for longer distances, but fact is that some of those are so hot that they're really not all that alike as far as trajectory from round to round.

Good luck,

_z

Arg it'll be a week till I get my gun back!
  5. keppler

keppler New Member

Thats exactly what I was thinking...faster bullet, less drop. Didnt work that way. When I ran out of the Velociters I used some of the Wolf M/E. I expected them to shoot way low but they hit about the same spot, not enough difference to bother adjusting the scope. It did seem like the wind was really messing things up tho....hey it sounds good. I would guess the wind was from10-25 m.p.h. that day...Just real nasty. I'll have to try some different shells for that distance till I come up with something that works...and a day when the wind aint so bad.