SHOOTING BOOK

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by old semperfi, Feb 17, 2010.

1. old semperfi

old semperfi New Member

i live in southern indiana,old country boy at hear
    IM CURIOUS,I KEEP A THREE RING BINDER ON WHAT AMMO ALL MY GUNS LIKE......I HAVE OVER ONE HUNDRED IN MY COLLECTION AND ITS GOOD TO TAKE OUT ONE OF MY 22S AND KNOW THEY WILL HIT WITH THE AMMO I BRING.......I ALSO KEEP RECORDS ON ALL MY OTHER GUNS RE AMMO I HAVE RELOADED AND WHAT THEY LIKE BEST........AM I SOMEWHAT ALONE AND A LITTLE ANAL OR DO OTHERS PRACTICE THIS ALSO OLD SEMPERFI
  2. Helix_FR

Helix_FR Active Member

Your collection of arms is way more expansive than mine so I don't have hundreds of pages but I do have a bound book of reload recipes that I have done over the years that are gun specific. I also cut out the targets and past them to the page to show grouping. I even keep the load recipes that don't perform well that way I know if I have already visited that combo and don't waist my time. Are you anal for doing that? No keeps you from wasting your time going to the range with the wrong ammo and when you have a hundred guns, its a lot to keep straight.
  3. bntyhntr6975

bntyhntr6975 Member

In my load book you will find similar info. Various loads tried, the results, dates, conditions, etc. Obviously, a person needs to know what loads work best with a particular weapon. To my thinking, its vital info and should be kept. I log the book every time I load anything, regardless of what. Maybe I take it a bit too far, but at least my log will tell me just about everything I could need to know, from the results of various loads, to how much a particular set of dies have been used.
  4. Terry_P

Terry_P New Member

I keep my load by caliber. I record powder, primer, bullet, results and in what firearm I used them in. For rifles once I break the MOA for a load then that is the load I use in that rifle. I hunt and accuracy at reasonable hunting ranges is my goal. For handguns I like to play with different combo's and shoot quite a bit of cast just to keep shooting regularily.
  5. ryan_marine

ryan_marine New Member

I have one on my computer in MS-works. It has everything from balistics to cost per round.

Ray