Shooting glasses, Yes or No

Discussion in 'Technical Questions & Information' started by Jackman, Apr 7, 2011.

1. 3/2 STA SS

3/2 STA SS Active Member

Saw that happen with a US made M9 in the Marines. A slide to the face will scare the sh@t out of anyone. You are a lucky man. I always wear glasses. Also nothing like hot brass down the front or back of a flak jacket. Some things coming with shooting I guess.
  2. gdmoody

gdmoody Moderator Supporting Member

I wear prescription glasses so I do not wear shooting glasses. I always wear hearing protection. Last week I had a piece of hot brass get between my glasses and my nose anyway!
  3. Old Grump

Old Grump New Member

Little hut in the woods near Blue River Wisconsin
    Burnt my eye lid in the middle of a match with the same thing. I quickly switched from the cool sweat band look to the ball cap look and that stopped. Really difficult to concentrate on the front sight with a blister on your eye lid and tears running pretty steady from your dominant eye.

Before that at a Saturday practice I had taken a hot round right on the eyeball. Monday I made an appointment to get my eyes tested and a prescription pair of shooting glasses made for me. Took a month to get in and by then my eye was fine but I was a scared puppy for awhile. Going blind in one eye would have gotten me a medical discharge and I wasn't ready to leave. At least not under those circumstances.