Shooting in central IL.

Discussion in 'Competition Shooting Forum' started by LRS2.308, Jan 18, 2005.

1. LRS2.308

LRS2.308 New Member

Surrounded by cornfields and lots of flat land..
    Hey guys, anyone from or know anyone in central IL, that does some shooting? I'm trying to find a good place to shoot and would like something more than 100 yrds for rifle. I would also like to be able to meet some people and make some friends. btw I am 26. I live near bloomington and peoria. thanks.
  2. egatimra

egatimra New Member

I'm in springfield, Chillicothe Sportsmen's Club from what I hear has a really good range. I'm working on getting into a range here in springfield right now. I shoot 4-position indoor target rifle every thursday in the small town of Buckhart. It is a pistol caliber only range.
  3. fishermanben

fishermanben New Member

Well, I used to belong to a 220 yard range in Windsor, IL. They closed their rifle range now, so I have to resort to shooting on state ground and setting up my own station. It's kind of a PITA. The ISRA range is in Kankakee.

I don't know of any other rifle ranges, but will watch this post in hopes of someone finding one. Keep us informed if you find anything. I'd love to get out and shoot with some of you guys sometime. Who knows? If I like you I may even take you to some of my hidden fishin' holes in the area. :D

Ben
  4. egatimra

egatimra New Member

Ben,

My friend is a avid fisher. His usual spots are on the sangamon river, lake taylorville, or Sangchris Lake. I'll see if I can get him onto the board to let you know of any other good spots.

Ian
  5. LRS2.308

LRS2.308 New Member

Surrounded by cornfields and lots of flat land..
    thanks, I have chilli's phone # but haven't got ahold of them yet. They are only about 20 min. away from me.