Shooting in DFW area

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by Chadk, Oct 4, 2012.

1. Chadk

Chadk Member

Dallas / Fort Worth, TX.

normal shooting for me winds up being range / lane shooting. I'm looking for any other opportunties in the area for more combat / defensive shooting.
    this may be defensive educational shooting or even competive type shooting.
    I've never done IDPA type shooting and dont even really know what that is, but may be interested in something like that.
    Last edited: Oct 4, 2012
  2. wv hillbilly

wv hillbilly Well-Known Member

Storm Mountain is the leader in worldwide training and security services. Originally developed to serve as the premier training facility for millitary, law enforcement, and counter-terrorism personnel, Storm Mountain has since grown into one of the leaders in global security consulting. Since the conception, Storm Mountain has grown and dominated the security and training industries.

Our staff is committed to excellence, and our mission is to provide the absolute best in the fields of security and training, Storm Mountain can provide you with the very best and most current techniques, tactics, security operations and consulting.
    ABOUT 1/2 HOUR FROM THE HOUSE
  3. Chadk

Chadk Member

Thanks, but DFW is Dallas / Fort Worth. I realize that those not from this area would not know this. Sorry.....
  4. aa1911

aa1911 Active Member

If you can find an IDPA regular practice and matches in your area, do it! You will get quite a bit out of it. Even though it's competition, don't be scared off because you might not be as good as everyone else. gotta start somewhere, and not everyone that shoots IDPA is a full fledged pistolero either. My first match I beat about half the guys there. but it's about training, not score really unless you want to move up and strictly compete.

practice is usually about 100-150 rounds over 4 iterations/scenarios and is a great training resource/opportunity. I prefer that over IPSC, as it's just as the name implies, practical.

IPSC is still a great way to practice though too, just use your EDC gun/holster to get the same effect.
  5. carver

carver Moderator

DAV, Deep in the Pineywoods of East Texas, just we
    Contact someone in your area that teaches the TX CCW course. They will know anyone, and everyone in the area that is teaching any courses in Defensive Handgun. Or any IDPA/IPSC/SAS shoots that are happening in your area.
  6. vesmcd

vesmcd New Member

chadk, check out dfwshooters.org
  7. Chadk

Chadk Member

i'm having difficulty registering on that site. I go through the registration process and hit submit and it says my conformation code was incorrect, but no where on the screen is it asking me to even enter a conformation code. I tried last week and again just now. Cant figure out what I'm doing wrong.