Shooting into the air to celebrate

Discussion in 'The Fire For Effect and Totally Politically Incorr' started by markfh, Oct 31, 2012.

1. markfh

markfh New Member

2. firefighter1635

firefighter1635 Active Member

That so horrific and tragic.....NOT.
  3. nmckenzie

nmckenzie Well-Known Member

About thirty years ago, when I was still stuck back in the People's Republic of New York, a politically influential member of the growing local Arab community strolled into Police HQ asking where he could get the permit to fire shotguns (with blank rounds, said he) into the air. When told he couldn't do this sort of thing he became a bit vocal - demanding to speak to the Commissioner, the Mayor, and so forth. When things finally settled down he was asked what the occasion was that required gunfire within the city limits. His eldest son was getting married, and tradition dictated token blasts skyward. Sure am glad I now live in Alaska.
  4. cycloneman

cycloneman Active Member

I keep bringing up that IQ thing.
  5. 76Highboy

76Highboy Well-Known Member Supporting Member

I just want to say that I feel so bad; Bwhaa, haaa, haa.:lmao:
  6. gvw3

gvw3 Well-Known Member Supporting Member

And they want to take over the world...
  7. Deacon_Man

Deacon_Man Member

Kinda gives you a warm and fuzzy feeling don't it.
  8. 25yretcoastie

25yretcoastie New Member

what goes up WILL COME back down
  9. nmckenzie

nmckenzie Well-Known Member

One evening not all that many years ago in (I think) Indonesia, during the height of a celebration for I know not what, residents were convinced they saw either (a) a demon, (b) a UFO, or (c) some other horrible thingie in the sky. When matters reached a panicky fever pitch the local defense forces became involved, and proceeded to blaze away with small arms and anti-aircraft guns. A number of people were killed and wounded by the what goes up must come down phenomena. The attack by the demon, UFO, horrible thingie, or more likely Venus, was thwarted.
  10. zkovach

zkovach Active Member

I want to know when I can bring an ak-47 to a wedding!! I have to laugh there were some at my batchelor party
  11. Millwright

Millwright Active Member

I suspect this was just another "Aw s**t " from the local POV.

Other reports I've seen have the powerline falling due to gun shots from male celebrants. >MW
  12. jedwil

jedwil Well-Known Member

I'm hoping for huge increase in the number of wedding celebrations there. And, perhaps, Holder and the ATF could make sure they get plenty of AK's.
    With ammo....................
  13. WHSmithIV

WHSmithIV Well-Known Member

You see this all the time - point the AK's in the air and loose off 20 rounds. They are so intelligent that they obviously know that Allah takes all the bullets and there is no such thing as gravity to bring them back down. On the other hand - every case of these incidents is a few less enemies of the US.... One thing is good - at least they are good at killing each other also.
  14. Zhurh

Zhurh Active Member

Indians here along the Yukon get together and shoot guns into the air; I never seen anybody hurt yet. They do it at celebrations, or when a bunch of people come to potlatch in a boat from Canada or from a few hundred miles downriver; traditional welcoming ceremony. When they bring a body in coffin in the bed of a pickup back to village for burial (Indians don't want buried near any White People, ha ha unless they are respected by the Village); all the men in village get out along the road and wait for the truck with their old 30-30s, the ones that have handed down from grandpaps and have special powers. When the truck goes by they all shoot off guns into the air until out of ammo. Usually along highway, every village honors the deceased in the same manner. Kinda cool actually. Imagine if here comes a blk hurst and funeral procession of cars and every town they went through, everybody did the same thing, shooting off guns skyward. Think the law would ask questions?
  15. time2shoot

time2shoot Active Member

I think they should have more weddings.:D:lmao: