The Firearms Forum banner

Shooting my new Aimpoint Patrol Rifle Optic

1K views 7 replies 4 participants last post by  dbcooper 
#1 ·

out at Camp Cooper today with the new Aimpoint PRO. I put in on my Smith & Wesson AR 15 and adjusted it to the BUIS front post.
It was nearly exactly on top of the front post when I turned it on and that was a good sign I guess because when I started test firing it was hitting the 6" steel plate with the first shot

I like this optic because as I mentioned, you can have you BUIS deployed and leave them up and shoot using both at the same time. You have full line of sight through the optic when using the BUIS. I made one small adjustment to the left and called it good. I had one issue all day and that was after the first mag, I started having FTF issues.
I cleared the gun and popped in a different mag and the problem disappeared. The mag I had been using was my 20 round Magpul, so I took it apart and stretched the spring a little, put it back together and it was fixed. I have left this mag loaded 24/7 for 4 years now and its the first time it has given me any trouble. But it does look like the spring compressed a bit causing the FTF issue.

Anyway, all is good and I am happy with the new optic. I hope everyone else got to shoot today also:D

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.