Shooting on hold

Discussion in 'Disabled Hunters & Shooters Forum' started by SFC, Aug 29, 2011.

1. SFC

SFC New Member

On the 31st of August I go in for my first of two cataract surgeries, so it may be a month or two depending on what my surgeon says.
  2. permafrost

permafrost Active Member

Best wishes, my friend . Hope all goes well. Can't imagine not shooting anymore. In the old days they didn't have surgery for cataracts, so thank God we have made a few strides forward. Get back to shooting soon!
  3. Juker

Juker New Member

My dad had cataract surgery on both eyes late last year. He's 79, and it completely changed his life. He wears reading glasses occasionally now, but that's it; he started wearing glasses when he was 29, and dealt with the cataracts for several years before having the surgery. He was back in action in a matter of days. I think you'll be glad and relieved to have it done! Best wishes and prayers for you.
  4. Old Steve

Old Steve New Member

Type "acetylcarnosine" into Dogpile and consider what you find. PM me if you care.
    Last edited: Aug 30, 2011
  5. CampingJosh

CampingJosh Well-Known Member

SFC, it's tough to give up your hobby, but I think you made the no-brainer decision. Getting your sight restored was the right choice.

Heal up quickly. Seems like this next month of two would be a good opportunity for you to get into reloading (if you're not already) so that you have some ammo ready to go when your doc clears you. :)
  6. SFC

SFC New Member

Surgery is done on both eyes. Prior to surgery I was 20/400 in my left eye and 20/600 in my right eye, after surgery my left eye 20/25 and right eye 20/20. A world of difference, now I have to purchase new Poly-carbon glasses non-prescriptions. I do have them on order should get them next week.

Thanks to all for your comments