The Firearms Forum banner

Shooting on the move.

2K views 14 replies 8 participants last post by  carver 
#1 ·
#3 ·
Nice video Carver. A must in a self defense situation, move to live!

#4 ·
Bump.

#9 ·
I point shoot for SD up close, and personal work. No sighting down the barrel, nothing but Front Sight, front sight, front sight! Point, and shoot. I can keep all hits on a B-27 at 10' while moving, left, right, back, or forwards.

#10 ·
I finally figured rather than balls to wall running,rolling,moving,etc-if I did everything in slomotion and sped up a little each week,if would come together,it has.When we run multiple people against multiple targets,we do a run through with unloaded weapons at least twice before doing it slow with live fire.I learned I'm to old to run and gun with the kids,so we're using a scenario with an old guy(me) and his rifle 300yds away to kick off the festivities.My "street" practice is drawing and firing at multiple targets from 7-25ft away...and yes,front sight,front sight,front sight.

#12 ·
If I get this right you are saying use your pistol like a shotgun. Point it don't aim it.
It's an instinctive aim George. I use this method to shoot aerial targets as well. Throw a can up into the air. How many times can you hit it before it hits the ground? Before you try this make sure of what's down range of your bullets!

#13 ·
If you're drawing and picking up the front sight on your target-then shooting-I guess it wouldn't "technically" be aiming...but you are, because the bullet should hit what the front sight covered.I was taught and have always used the FS<FS<FS method and it works in a moment of danger.If I took the time to line up FS and RS exactly before shooting-I either would be far enough a way not to shoot or threat would be on top of me.Or I may have misunderstood previous comments.

#15 ·
Nope, you understand what you are doing, and what is being presented.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.