shopping courtesy

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by 68c15, Dec 28, 2011.

1. 68c15

68c15 Well-Known Member

why can't people walk or push carts the same way they drive? stay to the right unless passing. same rule applies if there are displays in the large isle. treat those just like the median on the interstate.

if you want to gawk at stuff please pull off into a side isle and carefully park out of the way.

if you have others with you they should proceed the same as a trailer does on the road, behind you. have you ever seen trailers alongside a truck on the highway?

pulling out of an isle or come up on someone pulling out? treat it the same as an uncontrolled intersection. yield to the right.

secure your load

if traffic is heavy slow your speed down to avoid a collision. light traffic (2AM shopping spree) permits higher speeds as long as conditions warrant it.

screaming kids are like loud exhaust. fix it!! in the automotive isle you will find shop rags and duct tape. improvise

shopping at an unfamiliar store (sightseer) should be done during light traffic times
  2. woolleyworm

woolleyworm Active Member

Have you been reading my mind?? :D I have taught my kids this very concept since a very young age. It makes perfect sense, yet the amount of inconsideration seems to just grow with every trip I make to the store. Christmas Eve was especially nerve wracking; yes, that was my fault for forgetting a couple items earlier in the week.
    I remember many stores in the past ( 15-20 yrs ago+ ) that had lanes/direction arrows in the aisles to help direct cart traffic; I suppose they gave up with all the idiots that didn't follow them anyways.
  3. carver

carver Moderator

DAV, Deep in the Pineywoods of East Texas, just we
    I learned a long time ago to stay away form stores that will have heavy traffic during any holiday season, or for any other reason! I found that I get angry at the inconsiderate shoppers, and lash out at them! I don't like crowds, and stay away from them.
  4. HunterAlpha1

HunterAlpha1 Former Guest

i remember when i was a kid going to the Langley AFB commissary with Grandma and Grandpa, and there were arrows on the floor showing which direction to go. back then all the lanes were open and there was usually very little waiting in line for anything. one of the sample ladie's last name was Crockett, and she was a descendant of Davy Crockett. people were polite, friendly, and patient, none of this shoving, cursing, and yelling BS we see nowadays. people also dressed like civilized beings instead of 7th century roadside bandits, no visible tatts and no body piercing.

boy, do i miss those days :(
  5. bakerconch

bakerconch New Member

AMEN! Can we post this somewhere in Walmart?
  6. woolleyworm

woolleyworm Active Member

you could plaster it all over walmart and I still don't think it would help.......... :rolleyes:
  7. Jay

Jay New Member

I just politely ask, "are you from England?" When they smile and say, "no, why do you ask"... then I tell 'em, "well, It's in England that folks drive on the left side of a thoroughfare"... then walk on...
  8. Woodnut

Woodnut Forum Sponsor Supporting Member

Buggy Rage!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I hear ya.
  9. Alpo

Alpo Well-Known Member

There is no problem with someone driving on the left side. Go around them. It's not that big a deal.

My complaint is with the folks that are stopped. When you have someone stopped, looking at something on the left side, and someone right next to them stopped looking at something on the right side, they have the aisle blocked. They don't seem to care, though. And the ones I really love are stopped in the middle of the aisle, so you can't get by on either side.

Actually, I wouldn't mind it so much if they were stopped, looking at something. It's the ones that are stopped to talk to someone else.
  10. Double D

Double D Administrator Staff Member Supporting Member

Just dont go to the store.
  11. cpttango30

cpttango30 Guest

The funny thing is here they do drive shopping carts like they drive. While screaming on a cell phone stopping where every they want ignoring speed limits bashing into people to get them to move. All the while they're 5 screaming crying brat pack is trailing them knocking things over and causing problems stealing food and just being themselves. They then go pile into a car that spews blue smoke and not one of the 5 kids all 7 and under not in a child safety seat. They drive past a cop while not looking at the road because they are swinging their purse and the kids because they are running laps around the car.
  12. carver

carver Moderator

DAV, Deep in the Pineywoods of East Texas, just we
    I see the same thing in the stores that I see on the hiway. Most people are out for #1, and everybody else is in their way! Rude, inconsiderate, vulgar, Godless, and stupid! Get any one of them alone, and things go a little better, but not by much. When I go to buy groceries, I take my time shopping. I know there will be those that don't care if they are in your way, or not. My mind set is to just take my time, stay out of others way, get the job done, and get out.
  13. Ronnie02

Ronnie02 New Member

Amen!!
  14. BobMcG

BobMcG Well-Known Member Supporting Member

68c15

LOL!

I've been wondering this same thing for decades.

Scary part is, the same people who have no cart driving abilities, common sense or even any common courtesy for that matter, are out there on the roads with us as well! :eek:
  15. Grizz

Grizz Member

Now that's a scary thought!
  16. armoredman

armoredman New Member

Heck, I saw a guy pushing his cart in Safeway just like he drives, middle of the aisle, and with a pocket radio booming GANGSTA RAP MUSIC! I was disgusted.
    I agree, the biddies who stop to gabfest in the middle of the aisle are terrible. Ask one to move and get a doubled dirty look.
  17. hunter29180

hunter29180 Active Member

a store i used to shop at (spencers) used to carry a aresol can of BS spray..stunk to high heavens for about a min. its also good for clearing a asile thats blocked...an of course you can exclaim.."OH MY WHO LET THAT ONE!!" as you leave the area QUICKLY!!!
  18. Bobitis

Bobitis Guest

It's what happens when when ya get crowds. :rolleyes:

No respect. :(
  19. cycloneman

cycloneman Active Member

I am suprised no one here has given you any real words of wisdom.

1. Plan a day to go to wally world. A saturday. Go to the store and fill up a buggy with all kinds of crap. Leave the buggy in the middle of an isle.

2. Repeat till you get 6 buggys full of crap in 6 isles.

3. Drive to the next nearest wally world and repeat. Do this all day.

Stop shopping at wally world.

told you all i am in a mood today
  20. Capt Mac Turk

Capt Mac Turk New Member

So Fla-- NO place to Shoot AKA "TFF" Posting Clo

Years ago I used to pick up a guy (No car) that went to the same Dr as me

His fun was when we left we would stop on the 2nd floor
    SPRAY that BS spray & let the elavator go wait a minute then push UP & Down. :devilish: :devilish:

When it would stop & door opened the look on there faces was PRICELESS :barf:

We say were going DOWN & watch the Doors close :lmao: :lmao:

REALY Mean but when you said that THATS what came to mind :D :lmao: :lmao:

Capt Mac