The Firearms Forum banner

short barreled shotgun paperwork help

2K views 1 reply 2 participants last post by  Alpo 
#1 ·
hello, i just purchaced a very nice double barrel shotgun and have the plan to make a nice short barrel unit out of it. before i can i know i must file the appropriate form 1. i see that number 4 on the form about the description, letter e length of barrel, and then letter f overall length what should i measure to fill in that part? if i was going to cut the barrel to 11.25 inches i see that part but what about the overall length? just get an idea of just about how long overall? kinda stupid question i guess. i have filed form one's before for suppressors but not for this so i dont want to screw up! thanks!!

#2 ·
Overall length is the length from the back of the buttstock to the front of the barrel.

Take a tape measure and measure your gun. If your OAL, now, is 42 inches, with 28 inch barrels, then when you go to eleven inch barrels you are shortening the barrels 17 inches, so you are shortening the OAL 17 inches. With the numbers in my example that would make the new OAL 25 inches.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.