1. Get Gear'd Up! Enter to WIN $1000 in gear!

Please Click Here for full details and to enter. You will need to be registered and logged in to view the details and to participate.

Thanks and good luck to everyone

shorts in a semi-auto?

Discussion in '.22-Rimfire Forum' started by squirrelnutzipper, Feb 19, 2008.

1. stash247

stash247 New Member

look at the Remington 'Cee Bee', or CCI 'CB Long' ammo, in a rifle chambered for .22 LR, either a lever gun, like the Marlin 39, or a pump action rifle; both are 'wrong handed friendly', and either ammo is quieter than the air rifle.
    In a good rifle, either ammo will kill an 80 pound dog, deader than a stone, at 30 yds, one shot; don't ask how I know this, but it is so.
  2. dragonfly

dragonfly New Member

The Remington 552 Speedmaster shoots shorts, longs and long rifles. Not terribly expensive for the kind of plain Jane model. Aroung $260 or so I think. And they have a fancier model that will set you back another 100 dollars or so. Not a bad looking rifle. Remington started production of that rifle in the mid-60s I believe. I guess it has stood the test of time. Take a look at it.

And as far as the killing power of the .22; it all lies in the ability of the shooter. As a kid growing up on a farm I shot everything from stray dogs, foxes, wood chucks, raccoons, and one pig that had to be put down. And I know of more than one deer that died an unnatural death before there was ever a deer season in Iowa. But that was a long time ago, and my memory might be failing a bit.
  3. handsumrob

handsumrob New Member

well like i said remington makes both the pump and semi auto model that will shoot all three short long and long rifle
  4. user

user Active Member

Northern piedmont of Va. and Middle of Nowhere, We
  5. merrill

merrill New Member

I purchased one of these from Dicks sporting Goods. They are crude, but very accurate and cost less than 110.00 dollars. I think I paid 105 or so. I've never tried to shoot shorts in it though. The instructions say LR only.
    Merrill
  6. squirrelnutzipper

squirrelnutzipper New Member

Had mine for a couple of weeks now, and I love it. It's lightweight, easy to use, and at least as accurate as my air rifles. Already eliminated four squirrels from the bird feeder. Only thing is, this gun is loud. I've been out of shooting for awhile, but I don't remember LR rounds being so loud that I have to wear muffs.
  7. merrill

merrill New Member

Snz, I think we are talking about two different rifles. Mine sez Mossburg INT'l 802 PLINKSTER on it and it is a bolt action. My bad, I didn't know they had a semiauto plinkster. I didn't mean to demean your plinkster when I said mine is crude. :eek: Next time I'll read the posts more closely.
    Merrill
    Last edited: Apr 4, 2008
  8. squirrelnutzipper

squirrelnutzipper New Member

I didn't know there was a Plinkster bolt action. Mine is a Mossberg Internatonal (from somewhere in South America)Plinkster 702 semi-auto.